Sorrow to leave life

Warning: Quite drama filled chapter and I have written it while doing my assignments

Warning: Quite drama filled chapter and I have written it while doing my assignments. So it can be a bit cringy.

SUMEDH

My heart is beating rapidly having a permanent fear of losing her. Just as the door of her room is forced open, we all rush inside. My eyes widen when I find Mallika almost stumbling on her feet. My blood freezes in utter shock and I immediately rush to her side holding her close to my chest before she could fall on the ground. Ashi cries out her name and she comes to her sister's side. Mallika looks at me with her almost unconscious state.

"S-Su-Sumedh I-I love y-you. G-Goodbye-e" She shutters as tears leave from her eyes. I mumble an incoherent apology and scoop her in my arms. She feels so limp and fragile in my arms,blood streaming down her left wrist.

"We should stop the bleeding first." Ashi clarifies and I take her to her bed. I gently lay her down on the bed before covering her with a duvet.

"Rehana, call our royal physician right now." King Arbin shouts across the room. My mother comes forward and sits beside her body with worried expression when my father comes to stand beside her. I am panicking internally but now I have to be strong for saving her. I take out my handkerchief and settle on the bed. I tie the handkerchief around her wrist ,just the place under her bleeding spot. Ashi is absolutely crying mess. She is continuously caressing her sister's face while calling her to wake up and hear her. Her painful sobs are echoing in the room. The atmosphere around us is gloomy and thick. I am trying to stay strong from outside but I know the emotional turmoil floating over my mind. I keep chanting with myself that she will get better. She will be fine no matter what. She will come back in my arms. Nothing will happen to me. Yet it's painful to be accustomed with the reality.

One thing I have noticed is that King Arbin is extremely hurt. His expression says that he is somehow feeling guilty. He has tears streaming down from his eyes. As per Mallika's opinion, her father is a good man at heart but he is quite ignorant of his family members. He stays always so busy in fulfilling the responsibilities of a king. He is surely a good king but I somehow quit not like him because he has forgot that he has a family to take care of others than his kingdom. If he would be there for his family, this wouldn't have probably happened.

Within few minutes, the physician with other nurses come in the room.

"We need to treat her now. You all can leave." The doctor says and every prepares to leave from the room. I reluctantly leave the room. I am having a hope that she will recover soon. I know that she is a strong girl. As soon as I get out of the room, my blood boils furiously. I literally run to the one who has caused all of this. I rush in the room of King Arbin. I don't care if all of others are following me. I directly enter in her room without bothering to knock the door. There, the queen is sitting on the bed facing her back to us.

"HOW DARE YOU TO HUMILIATE MALLIKA LIKE THIS?" I spat out when she turns to me. She holds a blank expression on her face as she stares at the ground.

"HOW COULD YOU BE A MOTHER ? LITERALLY WHUCH MOTHER DOES THAT ? ARE YOU FOR REAL?" I raise my voice to the point which can be heard by everyone preset there.