Binita Khatri

Press the "⭐️" button below to show your love

As I walk out of the mansion, I find Sumedh already seated in the car with Veer on his lap. I silently open the door and get into the car settling beside Sumedh.The car ride remains filled with uncomfortable silence as none speaks anything. I look through my lashes at Veer who is now busy in playing with the button of Sumedh's shirt. Sumedh is blanky staring at outside of the window. I know that he is furious at this moment.

As the car comes to halt infront of our mansion, Sumedh walks out with Veer without waiting for me. I just follow him inside the room. He gives Veer to Rehana who starts rocking him back and forth. Seeing Veer not protest, Sumedh goes in our room as we hear the door slamming with loud sound. I walk towards Rehana who is eyeing at me with confusion.

"He is just upset. I will take care. Don't worry" I whisper to Rehana as I see Veer's eyelids beginning to drop.

"Keep Veer with you. I will come to get you when Sumedh will calm down." She nods her head with assuring smile as she keeps patting the back of Veer when he has almost closed his eyes. I kiss on his forhead and head into our room. To my fortune, the door is slightly open. I peek through the small gap between the wall and the door. Sumedh is sitting quietly facing towards the family photo frame of me, him and Veer. I look around the room to find some broken things scattered on the floor. He has again broken things in frustration. It's his habit. Whenever he becomes angry, he breaks things and throws them here and there.

With taking a long breath, I enter into the room. I pick up the broken pieces of the vase and a statue which he has apparently broken now.

"Sumedh" I call him softly. Hearing my voice, he jerks off and turns to face me, his tears stained face showing his pain and fury at the same time. I am going to say something but before I can, he suddenly stands up and marches in my direction gripping my shoulder.

"Why always my child has to suffer !" He yells and I flinch at his tone.

"I did what you told. See, what has happened? I knew that Veer is never comfortable around kids. But you insisted and look, what happened?" He shouts in loud voice. Tears brim in my eyes as I gaze at the ground lowering my head.

"Why can't Veer be just like a normal child?" His voice is laced with grief. I know that he is very sensitive when it comes about Veer. I know that it's the outcome of his pain and frustration. That's why he is getting angry.

I lean my head on his chest and he reciprocates the hug pulling me closer.

"Our Veer is normal. And I know that he will be fine oneday. We shouldn't give up hopes. We have to be strong." I explain as more tears gather in my eyes thinking about Veer.

"I want to hope for the best but I am getting impatient, Mallika. I am not able to see my son treated like he is not normal child." He whispers softly as his hold on me tightens. I wipe away my tears and look up to his face from his chest. I slowly erase his tears and place my forhead against his forhead.