His Anger

MALLIKA

MALLIKA

After he makes sure to mark me as his from every aspect, I know that it's my time to leave. To leave from this place. To leave from his heart forever. I don't regret for what happened last night. But there is feeling of guilt that it shouldn't happen. He is going to marry my sister who has started developing feelings for him. I am feeling extremely low of myself that I just have hooked up with my supposed to be ex-boyfriend and my sister's fiance. He is sleeping beside me, his one arm wrapped around me in possessive manner. I observe his every details keenly. He is as handsome as always. I avert my gaze when the thoughts of leaving him comes in my mind. I shake my head before getting up with duvet covering my chest. I quickly take my dress which is scattered on the floor with his shirt and pants.

I head out in the washroom and hurriedly put on my half sleeve white dress. I wash my face and neck with clean water. The hickeys he has given me last night are visible still to my disappointment. I come out of the washroom to find him still sleeping. I go near him and place a kiss on his forhead. I write a note for him and keep it on the table beside the bed. The more I am seeing him the more it's getting difficult to stick to my decision. My sister loves him and I can't let anything to happen with her.

"Goodbye" I murmur slowly releasing a deep breathe. I turn away and leave.

This is painful. I can feel my heart shattering into pieces in each step I am taking from the man I love. I have always found it unrealistic and humorous when I read those female characters getting heartbroken by their loved ones. I used to think that it was easy to forget everything. But today, I have realized that it's not unrealistic or humorous. Instead, it's the harsh reality and I am now the victim of this harsh reality.

As I come out of his cottage, I make my way towards my destination, my mansion. I get into the mansion from the backdoor and directly go in my room. To my great relief, I didn't have any encounter with someone. I shut the door of my room locking it. Then I know that I have burst into tears. My body is reacting differently as if I have lost a part of myself. I sit down on the ground leaning against the door as tears run away from my eyes continuously, dripping onto the cold floor. Sumedh is not written in my fate. He is someone who is just a short chapter of my life who has come to me for short period of time and has made me feel loved. I stay there glued to the door in the same position, staring at the floor and thinking how drastically life takes just a moment to exchange the world.

SUMEDH

Sumedh, I have never wanted anything from you. Today, I am wanting something and you can't say me "no". Sumedh, we are not meant to be together. The last night was something which I will never forget and it is precious and magical. I want to thank you for making me feel special, loving me and caring me. I have got that you are just a phase of my life which gradually will go away at sometime. Ashi wants to marry you and she loves you. Everyone including your parents and my parents want this. But if this "we" would happen then we wouldn't be happy knowing that our own family is not happy with it. So it's better for you to move on. Thank you for coming in my life. One thing I want to say you for the last time and it's that I love you.