Goddess of Beauty

"Prince Sumedh, put me down

"Prince Sumedh, put me down. Everyone is watching us."

I wriggle under his grip requesting him again and again to put me down but he is too stubborn to listen anything. I look around to find everyone's eyes on us. King Rudra, my parents and Ashi have stood up from their seats looking at us. Prince Sumedh carries me there and makes me to sit on a chair. I bow my head down in utter embaressement biting my lips thinking about what is going to take place now. Silence prevails the whole room like a carpet as I can feel hundreds of eyes on us.

I look up when I find someone clearing their throat. Prince Sumedh is still looking at me in such away that's making me more nervous. He claps his hand for twice and a waiter comes towards him to hand over a shiny golden microphone. Sumedh takes it and mumbles a small "Thank you" when that man nods and leaves from the place.He turns his attention towards the guests and starts saying,

"So everyone present here, I, Prince of Aurora City, am heartily welcoming all of you with regards and loves. I hope that you are going to have an amazing and joyful evening."

He throws a small smile towards the guests and they all clap for him.

"Well, well, I am not finished yet. I just want all of you to meet someone very special right now." He takes a small pause and turns towards our table. He gestures his hand towards my father who has been awkwardly observing all of these incidents and says,

"Meet King Arbin, the king of Rose Valley. And I hope that you already know about Rose Valley. Rose Valley, a city blessed with positivity, prosperity, tranquility and fulfillment of all sources of comfort and happiness."

Father gives a proud smile and comes forward to stand beside Sumedh and thanks him for the warm welcome when others clap again. Then he introduces Aashi and my mother also and they both thank him with kind smile. After introducing them, he suddenly turns towards me. His eyes pierce into me intensely making my inner soul squirming as my heartbeat increases drastically. I try to calm my nerves down when he approaches towards me with slow steps. He forwards his hand towards me and I bit reluctantly accept his offer with a nervous smile. He winks at me making me going all redder and he makes me to stand on my feet. He slides his hand on my bare back and I shiver under his touch. I look at him when he has a victory teasing smile on his face as he leads me to stand beside Ashi.

"And here is the beautiful and gorgeous younger daughter of Rose Valley, Princess Mallika. She is charming and kind from her heart. A valuable asset of Rose Valley - The epitome of beauty and innocence" He almost shouts over the microphone when everyone cheers making me blushed more. It's almost new to me. Father has never introduced me in this way and I am just used to being the second choice of them in every places. So, I am feeling a bit special today.

After a few minutes later, we all are seated on our seats including King Rudra and Prince Sumedh. They all are discussing about the stuffs related to their development of kingdom and many other important things related to political issues. On the other side, I am feeling like none as they continue to talk among themselves. Aashi and Mother are conversing with Prince Sumedh about his career and his jobs leaving me all for myself. I just sit there timidly wondering about when we are going back. All thanks to my mother who doesn't leave to send occasional glares in my direction. Similarly, Sumedh is gazing me sometimes with a peculiar expression which I still can't figure about why he is being so nice with me.