Drifting apart ?

The following chapter has a bit of violence

The following chapter has a bit of violence. If you feel uncomfortable, you can skip the particular parts.

I slowly open my eyes as the blurriness subsides into clear vision and wince when I feel a stinging sensation swinging on the left upper portion of my body. I look around, I am lying on the floor ,face down. I try to move but the pain on my body is unbearable. That's when I get to realize that my both arms are tightly tied with my stomach. Blood trickles upon my face mixing with the dried tears of my cheeks. I cough lightly when I feel my chest aching.

I roll down on the floor lying on my back. This is probably a basement. All I can see is only white walls with nothing present there including windows.A bolt of panic rushes through my vein when I recall what has happened at Sumedh's company. Where is my child? I look around the room carefully expecting to find my baby there but there is none.

"Veer"

"Adhya"

I try to call their names as tears leave from my eyes. I silently pray that they are fine wherever they are. Then I jerk off on my spot when I hear the door slamming open and a man comes walking into the room.I helplessly look at him when he maintains his rude posture. He is a tall man who is around 6'5 probably and possess an intimidating aura. He has some strong features such as broad and heavy shoulders along with his thick moustache and huge body. He looks quite wealthy in appearance. Two muscular guys follow behind him.

"Who are you? What do you want from us ? Why have you kidnapped me ?Where is my child ?" I shoot questions after questions.

"I am not bound to reply you, young lady." He says using his authorative tone as he glares at me like he is ready to kill me at any moment. His eyes are filled with pure hatred.

"Plz, leave me and my child. Where are they?" I shout and my eyes are already tearing up in thoughts of their security.

"Bring them." That man orders and I instantly stop crying. I stare at the direction as two women come in my view. I hear the baby's crying.They have both of the children. Adhya is asleep on one woman's lap whereas Veer is crying. Adrenaline rushes through me as my heartbeat increases rapidly.

"Plz give my baby. I need to feed him." I beg simultaneously trying to stand up.

"Not soon, I want him to die. Just like how your husband and your father-in-law have snatched away the power from me, I will kill their heir in my own hands." My eyes widen at his words.

"Who are you ?" I ask,my breathing is getting ragged.

"I am Raunak, Rudra's younger brother. I have always wanted to be the king of Aurora City. Hence, I have given my all efforts just to prove myself capable to inherit my father's property. Yet he gave away all his power to Rudra. Just like always he chose Rudra again.

At first I accepted that it might be because I was not worthy enough to be the king. But soon I realized that I was more than capable to rule the kingdom. Thankfully I got married to my beautiful wife, Diana who has made me understand my abilities. That's when I requested Rudra to give me the power of the kingdom which he refused. I broke all relations with them. But my wish hasn't be fulfilled. I will take revenge..I was waiting for the correct time and now, the time has come. They have to know what sin they have done by overpowering over me." Raunak spits out with so much hatred and rage that makes me wonder how a person can betray his own brother in this way. Ignoring his story, I focus on my child who is helplessly crying.