Epilogue

I take a deep sigh and plaster a small smile on my face taking at the sight of myself in the mirror

I take a deep sigh and plaster a small smile on my face taking at the sight of myself in the mirror.My eyes are puffy and swollen due to constant crying. I am trying not to think about her. I run my hands through my hair trying to make myself presentable. I am sure that mother wouldn't have wanted to see me in this way.

"You have to be strong. She won't be happy to see you in this state." I whisper to myself and close my eyes trying to forget about every pain. When I open my eyes, they are again filled with tears. I shake my head trying not to cry but end up shedding more tears. I again rub my eyes brushing away the tears and let out a chuckle. A sad chuckle to be exact.

It has been three weeks ,my mother has died. She was suffering from high pressure which I got to know from the doctor. On that day when I was going to open the paper, I have come to know that the paper is my mother's prescription. Father's state is more than miserable as he has just overcome from his high fever 2 days ago. He has stopped talking to us. We know that he is hurt and he will need times to heal himself. Ashi is facing same inner turbulence of pain just like me. She is actually more suffering. After the funeral of mother,she has not talked with anyone except Adhya and Siddharth. It was difficult to face her. She was sulking all the time. Finally, she is behaving finely.

About Veer, we have revealed the truth to him. He knows that his grandmother will never come again. It is extremely difficult to handle him these days as he is always crying hysterically and yearning for her presence. I and Sumedh have tried every ways possible to distract his mind which have been successful sometimes and sometimes not. Now he is getting slowly habituated with being without my mother. Now he spends most of his time with Rehana. Since he has got comfortable with our family, we are moving into Aurora City's mansion in the next year.

I haven't realized for how long I have been still staring at my broken reflection in front of me. My trance is broken when I feel two small hands wrapping around my legs from behind. I turn around to find my little toddler hugging me as he is looking at me with his doe-shaped green eyes. I smile seeing him and remove my tears.

"Mumma, don't cry." He says slowly in his baby tone. I kneel down beside him and place a kiss on his forhead. I forget everything whenever he comes near me. He is the light in my darkness.

"Ok baby, I am not crying." I reply gesturing him with my hands fixing on my face. He forwards his small hands towards me.

"Plomish" He says not knowing the perfect pronunciation of the word. Veer knows to speak quite well. His pronunciation is quite fine in his age which is rare. He can't pronounce some words properly otherwise his linguistic skill is better compared to his age.

"Promise" I smile and put my hand on his baby palm. He wipes away the remaining tears from my eyes and kisses on my cheeks. Then he hugs my nape. I giggle at his cute gesture and pick him up in my arms.

"I love you, Mumma." He says cutely looking at me.

"I love you too baby." I reply back with a grin.