Prologue

It was cold, as the well seemed to be frozen, meaning that we were running low on water, and that we were running low on it fast. It was not just the fact that I could no longer take showers, that seemed to be nasty to me, but it was also the fact that we were running out of water to drink off of, all at the exact same time as well none the less.
J had asked my father, time and time again, if he wanted me to go in to the city and see what I could find, but he just told me no time and time again, as if I was a child. I was not a child, as I was 17... Well... Actually I was 18 now, as that meant for sure that I was not a child, as I was now a grown adult, and I could make my own decisions.
I suppose that it was just as much my fault as it was his, as to the fact that I was not much help on the farm that was up in the mountains, all at the exact same time too. Every single time it seemed like he told me no, he I did not fight back against what he said, as he was my father after all, and I had to agree with just what it was that he said to me in the very first place any ways, never the less.
Still, I had in fact been tempted to take the car, which still had plenty of gas, as we had plenty of that stored up, to go in to the city and search for supplies. I some times wondered, since it had been a year since this had all started at this point, that things might be okay, but at the exact same time as well, I also knew that I was lying to my self if I was telling my self things such as that, all at the exact same time too.
We still did not have power, luckily for us we had a back up solar generator that ran to give us power. That was the thing... We still did in fact have power, but the only problem was, we did not have internet, and there was no connection to any TV channels what so ever, all at the exact same time too, meaning that every thing was not okay, and that it was still crazy in the world right now.
I still remember the day that it all had happened, like it was yesterday. Though it kind of had been yesterday, as nothing memorable had happened for me in the past year or so. The day that me and my father had found out all that was going on, as they had told us to stay in side our homes until all of it sorted out, and that every thing was going to be okay.
Of course, me and my father, along with many other people did not believe as such a thing like that, as we were lucky that we had not believed it none the less, as the city had in fact got messy, as we had seen from the last TV stations that had been broad casting all that was going on in all of those cities around the world in the very first place any ways, none the less.
It was not like this had all happened in just one day, as people had seen it coming for a while, though no one had seemed to be taking it seriously until the government told us all that we needed to be quarantined, and they had shut down all of the stores, and they had shut down every thing else, all at the exact same time too.
That was when it became serious, as my father's first decision was to leave the city, and go to his father's place all the way up in the mountains of Asheville, all at the exact same time too. I was glad that he had made that decision, as we would for sure be dead at this point, just like the rest of those things that were out there, all at the exact same time as well.
We still saw them some times walk through, and try to get at our chickens, and all of our other animals, but that had been the first thing that my father had worked on, to make sure that they all were safe, all at the exact same time as well, which was to put strong and heavy fences all over the place, so that the dead could not get in to our animals and tear them apart.
My father was always the one that killed the dead, as it always made me sick as to the thought of killing some one, even though my father had told me that one day it would be that way, all at the exact same time too, and that I should get used to it. Though, I suppose that there were not people any more, so maybe I should not feel as quite as bad about all of that, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well.
I then got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, as I stared down at the table that was below me, all at the exact same time too, all at once, as I felt a bit empty in side right now, as I was quite a bit lonely if I was not going to lie to my self either. I had a girl friend long before all of this, and I had loved her very deeply, all at the exact same time as well.
Me and my father had offered her to go with us up to the mountains, but her father had not allowed her to do as such a thing. It hurt me to know that it seemed like I sort of kind of left her behind, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to not cry, as I knew that I had been doing my best to try to erase all of those thoughts from my mind as of late, as I knew that it really had not been my fault.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to hear foot steps in the room that I was at, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, which all of the sudden got my focus, and my mind back on to the present, all at once, as I then lifted my head up, in hopes that it would be my grand father, all at the exact same time too, as I had a big smile on my face, as I kept those hopes up all the way until I then saw that it was just my father.
I looked at my father right in to his eyes, as I saw that he was empty in side of those eyes, all at the exact same time as well, which seemed to come as no such sort of surprise to me what so ever, none the less, as I knew that he had always been that way, ever since I could first remember none the less, as I knew that back in his younger days, he had not been like that.
His younger days, I could only remember a slight bit, as I was about 5 years old when we had found out the news that my mother had breast cancer, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to not think back on my mother, as I knew that she had been the life of our lights when she had still been with us.
She was no longer here, and it was best to not think of that, as I then shook my head a bit, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden saw that my father seemed to stop him self right at the table, all at the exact same time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the thoughts that for some odd reason, my father then just slid a pistol to me, at the table, all at the exact same time too, as he stared at me with the exact same blank look that he always had on his face, none the less.
I tilted my head, as I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that was going on with my father, right at this very moment in time too, as I saw that he seemed to be a little bit off right now. Normally, he seemed to show no such sort of emotion what so ever, but now I saw that he seemed to be a little bit scared for some odd reason or another, all at the exact same time as well, which was a very confusing thing to see from my father, all at the exact same time too, as he was not normally ever like this way, never the less.
As my father seemed to notice the look of confusion on my face, all at the exact same time too, he then all of the sudden nodded to me, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that he was about to talk to me, and that he was about to explain to me as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, none the less, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, once again, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well.
I knew that he was going to explain all of this, so there really should not be all too much that I should be worried about right now, as I blinked my eyes a few times, and I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden nodded back to my father, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, in the very first place any ways, none the less. Once it seemed like my father had seen me do as such a thing, he then did in fact begin to start to speak to me, all at once, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well.
"My father is getting worse... I am going to have to go to the city... Hopefully I can find what he needs at a nearby doctors office... I need you to stay here and protect the place... Make sure the dead do not get in... I am going to bring a lot more back with me, so we do not have to worry for a very long time..." He said to me, as I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was quick a bit shocked with what it was that he had even said to me in the very first place any ways, once again.
I stared at him right in to his eyes, as I saw that the look of fear that he had in his eyes just a few moments before now none the less, was now all of the sudden gone, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I knew that he was afraid of some thing, but he was not telling me about it. Surely it could not be the dead, right? I knew that he killed them all of the time, so that should not be what he should be scared of...
I then began to start to realize as to just what it was that he was so scared of in the very first place any ways, none the less, as I then all of the sudden began to start to remember, all at once, that it was his father after all, and he did in fact love his father none the less, even through all of the bickering that they always seemed to have with one another, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few times, and I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, all at the exact same time as well.
I was not the biggest fan of my own father either, but I still did love him, as I knew that he always had a good intent behind every thing that it seemed like he did. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few times once again, as I then all of the sudden saw that my father was now beginning to walk away from the table, all at once, none the less.
It was clear that he was in a bit of a hurry, as well, as it was clear that his father must be in very bad condition right now. But it did not even seem like he was even going to say good bye to me right now. Though, I suppose it would make sense once again how ever, as to just why it was that he would not, as I knew that me and him had not been he along as of late, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
It was not either of our faults, as the both of us were under a lot of stress right now, all at the exact same time as well. I was quite a bit scared, and I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should even do in the very first place any ways, as I wanted to tell my father that I loved him, and I did in fact want to say good bye to him, all at the exact same time too.
How ever, he was already out of the door by the time that I even had the chance to, as I then all of the sudden shut my mouth, all at the exact same time too, as I just stared at the big window that was in front of me, as I watched my father jog over to his car, all at the exact same time too, as not all too much longer after that, none the less, he then did in fact hop in to the car, as I heard the car start, all at the exact same time as well.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to watch, all at once, as the SUV then just began to start to drive off, and our of the drive way, all at the exact same time too. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as best as I could, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to stare at the table that was below me, just as I had been doing before hand.
I felt quite a bit of guilt, as to the fact that I had not got to say good bye to my father, as I knew that neither of us knew the kind of danger that could be out there, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I gulped quite a big wad of spit down my throat, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, as if that would help me.
I felt quite a bit empty in side my self, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on with me at this very moment in time any ways. I seemed to be thinking on nothing for a little while, and a bit of some time, until I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the very loud coughing of my grand father, all at the exact same time too, which did in fact scare me quite a bit, all at the exact same time too.
I did my best to try to calm my self down a bit, all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my ass up from off of the chair that I had been sitting at long before now, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that now was not a time that I should be wasting any sort of time, as I knew that I needed to go on ahead and check on him, all at the exact same time as well, to make sure that he was doing okay, just as my father had asked me to do.
I felt like I had a lot of anxiety, and a lot of stress building up on me right now, as I then breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, just as it was that it seemed like my therapist had used to tell me, to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too. After just a little bit longer, I seemed to in fact feel a little bit better, all at once, as I then did in fact continue to start to walk down the hall way, over to my grand father's room, as I spoke to my self a bit softly, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
"God... If there is a God out there... Please help me..."