Chapter 14: Wasn't So Bad

I felt worn out, as this was for sure not what it was that I had expected to be doing through out the day what so ever, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as Anderson had kind of already left me and my father at this point, to go and do what ever it was that he had said that his job had to be, as it was of course the fact that he was a guard, and he guarded the towers, and the defense of the prison from intruders, and the dead, none the less.
I felt like I would much rather take his job over the job that I had, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I felt like I was about to die right at this very moment in time too, as that was due to the fact that I was burning in the sun, as we had been out side, and we had simply been digging in to a cliff for some odd reason or another, out side of the prison just a bit, under the super vision of some other important people in the prison.
The people that we were with of course, all seemed to either be just as new as we were, as I could tell that a lot of them were scared. There also seemed to be a few people that seemed to be quite a bit upset as to just what it was that the work that they were doing right now, in the very first place any ways, none the less, as if I had to guess, than I would in fact assume of course to the fact that these were the people that had got them selves in trouble whilst they had been in the prison, and they were forced to do this for a short period of time.
As much as I had in fact been freaked out about all of this at first, it really did not seem to nearly be as bad as I had first thought it to be none the less, as I felt like things were going to be okay, as much as it was that it seemed like my father would not agree on just what it was that I was even thinking right at this very moment in time any ways, as I saw that he still had quite a bit of an upset look on his face.
He had not spoken to me all day, ever since it was that he had spoken to me earlier this morning, as to the fact that he had said that we should try to sneak out of the prison, which now that I saw from the out side, I realized that we would have had no such sort of chance to make it out of here with out being caught, or hell, for all that I knew, we might not have even made it out of there alive.
I was fairly certain that my father, as I knew that he was in fact quite a bit of a smart man, all at the exact same time as well, did in fact realize the same thing that I did in fact notice, all at the exact time time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self once again, as I did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of the rest of the other thoughts that I had been thinking on long before now none the less, as I felt like my father was simply a little bit too embarrassed to admit that he had been in the wrong as to just what it was that he had first thought of on this place.
Hell... I was guilty of it my self if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts all at once, as I then began to start to take a drink of a clean water bottle that I had in fact been given to not all too much longer before now, all at the exact same time as well, from one of the prison guards, none the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was almost tempted to pour to cold water on my face, just like I did back in the old days when I used to play track and field for my high school, as it was used to cool me off quite a bit. Though I knew that we were only supplied one bottle per hour, and I had just recently got this bottle, so I felt like it would be a bad idea to be that stupid, and to do some thing such as that, all at the exact same time too.
I simply began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I began to start to dig in to the stone wall that was in front of me, all at the exact same time as well, as I still was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even the purpose in me even doing what it was that I was even doing right now in the very first place any ways, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I had waited for some one to step up and ask that question.
How ever, I was not all too sure if that were due to the fact that no one had the balls to do as such a thing, due to the fact that they did in fact know that they were in fact stuck in side of a prison right at this very moment in time any ways, or if it were more just due to the fact that no one really cared what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, as I doubt we were doing any thing evil at all with just what it was that we were even doing right at this very moment in time any ways.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I got a bit of rock dust in to my eyes all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to put the pickaxe down to try to get the dust from out of my eyes, all at the exact same time as well, as it got my mind, and it got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that I had been thinking on long before now, as it got me back on to just what it was that I was even doing right now, in the very first place any ways, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts all at once, once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to hear a near by voice of one of the guards as the began to start to speak up quite a bit loudly to me from not all too far away from me none the less.
I began to start to freak out quite a bit in that moment, all at the exact same time as well, as I was quite a bit scared of the fact that I had in fact got my self quite a bit of some trouble, as I quickly began to start to pick up the pickaxe to continue with what it was that I had even been doing long before now, in the very first place any ways, none the less, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts, all at once.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I looked at the guard that was speaking right at this very moment in time any ways, as I then all of the sudden began to start to notice that the guard was not speaking to me at all right now, as I saw that he was instead having his eyes on some completely different people right at this very moment in time as well, as I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh of relief, as I quickly began to start to continue to dig any ways, before it was that I did in fact get my self in to a little bit of some trouble never the less.
I did my best to try to calm my self down all at once, as I blinked my eyes a few times to my self all at once, once again, as I did in fact just so how ever begin to start to listen as to just what it was that the guard even had to say to the people that he was even speaking to right at this very moment in time any ways, none the less, as I kept my mouth shut, as I did in fact do as such a thing, at that.
"Alright every one! We are done for the day! Put your stuff where it was that you got it from, and you can all go back in side! We will do some thing new tomorrow as you all know, so do not worry... The hard part is out of the way for now..." He yelled to every one that was all around us, as I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh of relief to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down in the mean time, once again, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time too, never the less.
I let out quite a bit of soft sigh of relief none the less, once again, as it was also quite a bit relieving not only to know that we were in fact done for the day, but also to know that it was not going to be as hard as it was that it had been today, every day, none the less. I did my best to try to keep my self calm cool and collected in the mean time, as I then did in fact begin to start to get my mind and my focus on to the fact as to just what it was that was even going on all around me once again.
That was of course the fact that I saw that there was a lot of people that were in fact walking over to go and do some thing right at this very moment in time as well, none the less, as I quickly began to start to notice that it was the fact that they were in fact, of course, beginning to start to go on ahead and put the pickaxes that they were using, and also the shovels that they had been using to dig not all too much longer before now up, all at the exact same time as well, as I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, once again.
I then all of the sudden began to start to follow with just what it was that the rest of them were doing right at this very moment in time as well, like a good little sheep, as I picked up my water bottle as I did in fact do as such a thing, all at the exact same time as well, as I did in fact begin to start to drop the tools that I had on me, in to the pile where it was that all of the tools were even at right now in the very first place any ways, never the less.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self once again, all at the exact same time as well, as I was in fact quite a bit glad that this day was now over right at this very moment in time any ways, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I then did in fact begin to start to follow with just what it was that the rest of every one else was even doing right at this very moment in time any ways, which was of course the fact that they were all going back in to the prison, as I could see the sun setting right at this very moment in time as well.
Aside from the fact that I was in fact sweating my balls off, I felt like today had in fact been a good and a bit of a productive day, all at the exact same time as well, as I let out quite a bit of another heavy sigh to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to turn my head over to my father all of the sudden, who just so happened to be walking right beside me right now, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on once again, as I then did in fact go right on ahead and nod to my father, to try to get his attention on to me, to let him know that I was in fact about to go on ahead and speak to him none the less, as I cracked a bit of a smile on my own face all at the exact same time as well, as I did in fact do as such a thing like that, once again.
My father clearly seemed to be quite a bit confused as to but what it was that was even going on with me right now, all at the exact same time too, as I saw him tilt his head over towards me all of the sudden, as it was clear to me, that he did not have a single clue as to just what it was that I was even doing right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, once again, as he squinted his eyes at me all at once.
How ever, in the end, he did in fact go on ahead and nod back to me in a bit of a response all of the sudden, thankfully enough, to let me know that he was in fact paying attention to me right at this very moment in time any ways, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of the other thoughts that I had been thinking on my self, once again, too.
As I seemed to stare at my father for just a little bit longer, I then all of the sudden began to start to go on ahead and begin to finally speak to him, now that it was that I did in fact begin to start to realize that he was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to him, all at the exact same time as well.
"See... Do you regret what it was that you were trying to do earlier? You wanted us to get killed huh? Now you see it's not as bad as you thought..." I said to my father, as I still could not help but to keep the same big smile that I had on my face before hand, all at the exact same time too, though I felt like that might very well be a bad idea if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I felt like my father very well could in fact turn this against me, and tell me about Kristin and all of that other stuff, none the less.
It still did in fact hurt me quite a bit if I was not going to lie to my self either, as to just what it was that she had in fact done to me, as I then all of the sudden began to start to dip my head quite a bit low to the ground all of the sudden, as I felt like I had in fact been stabbed in the back by her for no such sort of rhyme or reason at all, all at the exact same time too. It hurt me to even think on all of that, as I was fairly certain that my father was in fact going to go on ahead and bring that up against me, none the less.
How ever, that did not seem to be the case what so ever, very much to my surprise, as I then all of the sudden began to start to hear my father let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh all at the exact same time as well, which did in fact kind of surprise me all the exact same time too, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I knew that my father was not the type of man to ever admit that he had been wrong in any sort of situation that we had ever even been in in the very first place any ways, as well.
My father then all of the sudden, as I saw from the corner of my own eyes, never the less, did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to roll his eyes a bit towards me all at once, as he then just seemed to speed up all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear to me right now, that he was a little bit embarrassed about the fact that he had been the one that had in fact clearly been in the wrong in this scenario, all at the exact same time as well, and he did not want to be around me right at this very moment in time as well, none the less.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of the other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that I had been thinking on before, as I just did in fact let my father go on ahead and fly past me, all at once, as I then all of the sudden did in fact roll my eyes right back at him in a bit of a response back towards him once again, even though I knew that he was paying me no such sort of attention none the less.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as we then all of the sudden, as I did in fact begin to start to notice once again, begin to start to see that we were now all of the sudden beginning to start to head past the prison gates none the less, as it was clear that we were about to head in, and we were about to go in and eat some dinner, before it was that we went back to our cells, and we got some sleep, all at the exact same time too.
I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I saw that the group in front of me began to start to slow down, to an eventual stop none the less, as it seemed like my father had sped up for no such sort of reason, as I was now right beside him, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that the 50 to a hundred or so prison inmates that were in fact with us right now, were all just standing there waiting at the front doors of the prison that we had used to get out of the prison earlier on in the day, none the less.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see that very much to my surprise once again, that my father then all of the sudden did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to nod to me, all at once, as I turned my head a bit over toward him all of the sudden, as I was in fact quite a bit surprised as to just what it was that he was even doing right at this very moment in time any ways.
I tilted my head over towards my father, as I was in fact quite a bit lost by him right at this very moment in time as well, once again. He simply seemed to just be staring at me with quite a bit of a blank look on his face, though it was in fact clear to me that he had in fact nodded to me to let me know that he was about to go on ahead and speak to me none the less. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as in the end, I did in fact nod back to my father, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he was even about to say to me, all at the exact same time too.
My father just seemed to stare at me with the same blank look that he had on his face before, as it seemed like we were getting no where for just a few moments in time. That was of course until my father then did in fact all of the sudden began to start to finally begin to speak to me, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh of some relief to my self all at once, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was the he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, as soon as it was that he did in fact finally decide that he was in fact ready to speak to me, as well.
"Well son... I suppose you were right this time..." He said to me, though as soon as it was that he had even said it to me how ever, he then quickly began to start to look away from me all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear to me that he was in fact quite a little bit embarrassed as to just what it was that he had even just said to me in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well, as I kind of just rolled my eyes a bit towards my self all at once, as I felt like that was all that I was going to get from my father.
I was in fact quite a bit happy with it, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as it felt like that was the first time since it was that I could even remember in my entire life of living with my father, that he had in fact admitted to the fact that he had in fact been the one that had been in the wrong, all at the exact same time as well, as I quickly began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well.
I stared at the back of the head of my father for just a little bit more of some time none the less, that was of course until I then all of the sudden began to start to see that the door that every one had all been waiting on in the very first place any ways, then did in fact begin to start to open all of the sudden, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit of a heavy sigh of relief to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of the rest of those other thoughts that I had been thinking on before.
I turned my head over to the door that was now all of the sudden open, as I heard a lot of pleased voices begin to start to speak up from all around me, though there were too many voices to catch what it was that any of them were even saying in the very first place any ways, sadly enough, as I began to once again start to breath in quite a bit to my self just as I had in fact done just a few moment before hand, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to follow with what it was that the rest of the heard of people were even doing right at this very moment in time any ways, which was of course the fact that they all were going in side of the prison right now.
It was clear that they were all hungry, and they all wanted food just as much as I did right now, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I could not blame them for that what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, in the very first place any ways, as I then all of the sudden began to start to head through the door way, with the rest of every one else, as I wondered what our next meal was even going to be, all at the exact same time too, never the less.
The meal that we had in fact ate earlier for sure had been better than the meals that I had been served when it was that I had in fact been stuck in that cell with my father, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as that had been the worst time of my life, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. I let out a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, even though I knew that I was about to go on ahead and lay back down in that cell just a little bit later from now, all at the exact same time too.
I groaned at the thought of that, all at the exact same time as well, how ever, I quickly got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, all the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to get my mind, and to get my focus on the fact that I saw the familiar face of Anderson step in front of me, as I saw that he had quite a bit of a big smile on his face as well, as he did in fact do as such a thing none the less.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to calm my self down all at once, though I did in fact roll my eyes at the young guy all of the sudden, as I just was not all too sure as to just what it was that he was even doing right at this very moment in time as well, never the less. How ever, in the end, he did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to speak to me all of the sudden, as I did in fact nod to him as well, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention to him right now, none the less.
Now that it was that Anderson had in fact seen me do as such a thing like that, he then did in fact begin to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to continue to speak to me, as I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self all of the sudden, all at once, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"Well... That wasn't so bad... Huh?