Chapter 4: Is This Real?

I was in a lot of pain right now, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should do right at this very moment in time too. I had thought about waiting for my father to get back to let him see the dead corpse of my grand father, that way he knew for a fact that I was not the one that had led to his death, but I knew that for one thing, he would have turned in to one of the dead, and the other thing was his corpse would have stank up the entire house, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I knew that I had made the right decision on finishing him off, and taking his body some where to be buried, even if my father might be upset at me, there was not much that I could have done, as I knew that I could not blame my self for it, as I had done all that I was supposed to do to make sure that he was going to be okay, all at the exact ane time too.
I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, as I felt bad for when it was that my father was going to come back with all of the medicines, only to find out that he had been too late, and that his father was already dead, all at the exact same time as well. I felt a bit sad for that, it I was not going to lie to my self either, as normally I really did not have very many emotions in side of me, but right now, I did in fact have that emotion at the very least.
I groaned quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to stay calm, all at the exact same time as well, as I was quite a bit worried if whether or not my father was in fact going to come back in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time too, none the less. He said at worst he would be back by tomorrow, but I was a bit scared for him, as I knew that we never went out side of this home.
I was not all too sure as to just how bad the world had got to, as it was clear that not a single form of life we had seen in for ever. For all that I knew, there could be dead roaming that city for miles on out, and my father could be dead at this point too. Not to mention the fact that I was scared that some one was near by, and that they were for some reason stealing a bunch of my chickens, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, though I felt like I was going through a life crisis right now, and there was not much that I could do to try to protect my self from it, all at the exact same time as well. Things had felt like they had got bad about a year ago up to this point, but perhaps I was wrong, and the word had been still yet to come, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I wanted to cry, but I just did not feel that sort of emotion at all right at this very moment in time too, as I simply just shook my head, and I then forced the shover in to the ground, that I had been using to dig up a grave for my grand father, all at the exact same time too. The grave seemed to be big enough at this point, as they said it was supposed to be 6 feet, but there was no way I was going to do that, as this would have to be good enough for him, all at the exact same time too.
I was not really a very strong guy, but it was fairly easy to lift the dead body of my grand father up, all at the exact same time as well, as I then dropped it in to the hole that I had made for him, all at the exact same time as well. I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that had been on my mind before hand, none the less.
I then stared at the dead corpse of my grand father, all at the exact same time as well, as I then dropped a few tears from my eyes, all at the exact same time too, as I was now starting to feel a bit of some emotion, all at the exact same time too, which I did not like to feel, as I then all of the sudden shook my head a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden looked away from the dead body of my grand father, all at the exact same time as well, too.
I then began to start to push the dirt over his dead body, until it was far enough in to not make too big of a hump in the ground, all at the exact same time too. I let out another bit of a heavy sigh once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to grab the grave stone, all at once, as I then put it in to the ground, as I had already scratched the stone long ago, as I had been preparing for his death for a very long time.
At first it had been more of a mocking thing that I had left for my self, but I did in fact finish it once it was that my grand father had become really sick, all at the exact same time too. I then put it in to the ground, quite a bit hard, and quite a bit heavily, as I then filled up the rest of the hole up with soil, all at the exact same time too, to make sure that it did not fall, all at the exact same time as well.
I grunted a bit to my self, as it seemed like every thing here was all done for me now, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to read what it was that was even on the stone in the very first place, all at the exact same time too, out loud to my self, a bit quietly none the less, as if I was worried that some one in this empty world might hear it.
"Rest In Peace Timothy Hubert... I loving father, and a strong man..." I said to my self, as I did my best to try to stay strong, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that was what it was that he would have wanted from me if he was still here with us today, all at the exact same time too, never the less. I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to get up from off of my knees, all at once.
I then began to start to wipe my hands, all at the exact same time too, to get all of the dust and all of the dirt that was on my hands, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to turn my head away from the grave, all at the exact same time too, as I was simply ready to just go in side of my home at this point, and get some rest, never the less.
Digging that grave all by my self, had been quite a bit hard on me, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I felt like I just wanted to stay in side and sleep for ever. Or at least, I wanted to stay in side and sleep until it was that my father was to get back, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I would have to tell him right away, when ever it was that he got home, as to just what it was that had happened, all at the exact same time too, or else he would freak out if he saw that his father was not in his bed.
I stared down at the ground that was below me for just a few moments, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was even doing right now, nor what it was that I was even thinking right at this very moment in time too, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden just did my best to try to shake my head, and just shake away all of the other thoughts that were in my mind right at this very moment in time too.
Not only did I feel insanely tired, but I also felt insanely hungry, all at the exact same time too, as it had been a lot of physical labor to dig that grave up for grand father, as I wanted to eat some thing, all at the exact same time too. I also knew at the exact same time as well, that I really was not in the mood to eat any thing. How ever, I felt like I should, as I knew that I could not go in side just yet, as I knew that there was still a lot that I needed to do, all at the exact same time as well.
I knew that no matter what, I still needed to take care of the animals, even if it did in fact feel like I should just give up on life at this point, I knew that was the only way that I was going to be able to continue to live, all at the exact same time too, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, once again, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of those other thoughts, and I then began to start to head over to the barn, to get ready to feed and give water to the animals for the night, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
It was getting close to night, so I knew for a fact that I must in fact hurry, all at the exact same time too, as it did not take me all too long to get my focus and my mind off of the dark and depressing thoughts that I had been thinking on before hand, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to head over to where the barn was even at in the very first place any ways, never the less.
I groaned a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to walk in to the shed, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to head where it was that the wagon was at, all at the exact same time too, so that I could do as to just what it was that I usually did, on the fact that I knew that I needed to put feed in to wagon to feed the animals, none the less.
First thing first how ever, I knew that I first must turn on the water, all at the exact same time too, as I then began to start to head over to where the water pump was even at, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I needed to give them water, as I felt like the water had already ran out for them at this point, with how hot it had been today, and how much I had been sweating none the less.
Though, that very well could simply just be due to the fact that I had been digging up the earth to make a grave for my grand father, and it had made it feel hotter than it actually had been, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. I grunted a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to turn on the water, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
Just as soon as I did that how ever, that was when I heard foot steps from right behind me, all at the exact same time too, which very well could be a bird plopping down behind me, or it could be a rabbit for all that I knew, but I knew that I could never be too safe, as I was quick to pull out my pistol, and turn my self around, all at the exact same time too, never the less, all at once, once again.
I got ready to turn off safety, never the less, as I then all of the sudden saw that it was a person, all at the exact same time too. How ever, it was impossible to tell if the person was one of the dead or not, due to the fact that the sun was shining right in to my eyes, all at tbe exact same time too. Though, I was not an idiot, as I knew that no matter what, it was one of the dead, due to the fact that I had not seen a single sign of life in for ever, either.
I pulled off the safety, all at once, as I got ready to shoot, all at the exact same time too, until I then all of the sudden noticed that very much unlike most of the dead, this one did not seem to be moving over to me to try to tear me apart, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. The one just seemed to be standing completely still and just be staring at me, all at the exact same time too.
It made me tilt my head, as I then began to start to hesitate on the fact that I was about to shoot, none the less, such as I normally would. Was this seriously not one of the dead? That could not be the case, surely right? I was not all too sure, until I then all of the sudden finally got my answer, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the person talk, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that it was a real person.
At least, I had not heard the dead ever talk before, besides the groans that they did, none the less. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden nodded to the person, to let them know that I was in fact paying attention to them, all at the exact same time too, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that the person even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"London?! My God! That can't be you!" The person said to me, as the person ended up being a female, all at the exact same time too, as I began to start to realize, as I blinked my eyes a few times, just a little bit, all at the exact same time as well, as the voice seemed to be a bit of a familiar voice, all at the exact same time as well, if I was not going to lie to my self.
I was not all too sure as to just how that could be the case, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I had not seen a single soul in a year at this point, all at the exact same time too, never the less, as well. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, as I felt like it could simply just be the fact that it could sound like a voice from one of those old time movies that my grand father always liked to make us all watch, all at the exact same time too.
How ever, I felt like that too could not be the case either, all at the exact same time too, as the voice more or less seemed to be familiar, like a voice that I had heard in real life, long ago, all at the exact same time too. I began to start to put my gun down, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I needed to calm my self down, and not take an accidental shot on this woman, all at the exact same time too.
I turned on the safety back on to the pistol, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to put the gun back in to the holster, all at the exact same time as well, as I really was a little bit confused still as to just what it was that was even going on in the very first place any ways. I was not all too sure as to just how it was that it took me this long to realize this, but it was clear that this woman knew me, all at the exact same time too.
I was not all too sure as to just how, as it had been years since I had seen any sort of life... How the hell could some one find me up in these mountains, and they just so happen to know as to just who it was that I was? I didn't have a name tag, I was fairly certain of, so this could not be some sort of trick I was quite sure of, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then all of the sudden did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, as I then all of the sudden started to see that the lady was now all of the sudden beginning to start to draw closer to me, all at the exact same time as well, which did in fact scare me a bit, as I was ready to pull my gun back out at any moment as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see the face of the lady, now that she was blocking out the sun, all at the exact same time as well. My heart then all of the sudden seemed to stop, all at once, as I was fairly certain that this could not be real, surely, right? I gulped quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down.
I was dead... Or this was a dream, as nothing about today made any sense to me what so ever, all at the exact same time too, as I was fairly certain that this could not be my girl friend Kristin, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that she was dead at this point, right? She had been in a bigger city, and that was the most dangerous place for the dead, as I had been told, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as it did not make sense at all. This was not real... I was dead, right? She knew my name, it was her! There was no way that it could be any one else, and I knew it! I just was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should do, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, and calm down all of my emotions, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then all of the sudden nodded to her, all at the exact same time too, to make sure that this was not an illusion, and I was not going crazy what so ever, all at the exact same time too. This did in fact seem to be fairly real how ever, all at the exact same time too, as I felt my heart pounding... That was real at the very least, as I knew that was not fake at all, as it kind of hurt if I was not going to lie to my self.
I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts all at once how ever, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as she did in fact nod back to me. This was real! How could it be? I gulped a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to speak to her, all at the exact same time too, just to make sure that this was in fact real, all at the exact same time too.
"Kristin! Is that actually you?" I yelled to her, as I then all of the sudden began to start to draw closer to her, all at the exact same time as well, as I got a better look on her face, as it was the same beautiful face that I remember seeing at school every day, all at the exact same time as well. My heart instead of pumping really fast, just all of the sudden seemed to stop, all at the exact same time too, as I then began to stop what it was that I was doing, as I stopped walking over to her, all at the exact same time too.
I was not sure if I should hug her or not, as I still was not all too sure if this was real or not, all at the exact same time as well. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I felt like I was dead at this point, and perhaps it was my grand father who was the one who was alive, and he was the one making the grave for me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I loved her so much, and this for certain did look real to me. I had kind of given up on her at this point how ever, after the phone lines had gone down, I had not heard from her, and I had presumed her to be dead, all at the exact same time too. How ever, there was her beautiful face staring right in my eyes right now, as I expected her to be crying, as if she had missed me too, but instead, all I seemed to see from her was a bit of an empty look on her face, never the less.
It confused me a bit, as it kind of made it seem like she was blaming me for the fact that her father would refuse to her being able to come with us to the mountains, all at the exact same time as well, which was not the case what so ever, as I tilted my head towards her, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was wrong with her, all at the exact same time too.
Perhaps she had changed a bit more than I had, and she too had been in pain for the fact that she had lost touch with me, and she too had assumed that I was dead, just as I had assumed with her none the less. How ever, for her, it seemed like she had gotten over it at this point, as I felt like that might be due to the fact that it was the opposite for me, as it seemed like she had been living out in the real world, while I had been living in this fictional world up in the mountains, never the less.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden blinked my eyes a few times towards her, as I tried to act like the way that she seemed to be acting right now, as if she had no such sort of emotions in side of her right at this very moment in time too. It made me feel a bit empty, but it seemed like this was the only way.
Kristin seemed to blink her eyes a few times towards me, as she just stared at me for a little bit longer, all at the exact same time too, as if she had no such sort of thoughts going on through her mind, and her head what so ever right now, all at the exact same time as well, which did not make sense, as I knew that she was the most creative person that I had ever met, as that was how it was that I had fallen in love with her in the very first place any ways.
Now she almost had seemed to turn in to a robot, as I wondered what it was that she might have seen out in the real world that had turned her in to the way that she was now, all at the exact same time too. It hurt me to see her this way, but I did my best to try to keep my self calm, all at the exact same time too, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, as I just seemed to stare at her for a little while longer.
She seemed to be staring back at me, until she then all of the sudden seemed to just nod over towards me, all at the exact same time too, which was the opposite of what it was that I had hoped for, as I would have hoped that she would have wanted to come in for perhaps a hug, or a kiss, all at the exact same time as well, but sadly that was not the case what so ever, all at the exact same time too, as I was a bit upset by it if I was not going to lie to my self, all at the exact same time too.
I did my best to try to stay as calm as I possibly could, all at once how ever, as I then all of the sudden did in fact nod back to her, to let her know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that she even had to say in the very first place any ways, never the less, once again. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as she then did in fact start to go on ahead and speak on me, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that she even had to say to me in the very first place any ways.
"No time for talking... We need to get in side, and now! They are coming! You better have a place to hide!" She said to me, as I was just too happy to see her face still, that it took me a few moments to process as to just what it was that she had even said in the very first place any ways, never the less. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, as it then began to hit me, as to just what it was that she had even said to me, all at the exact same time as well.
What did she mean by there were people coming for me? This did not make any sense, as I had not talked to any one in a long time, so it was not like I had been making any sort of friends nor enemies. But the fact that she had some how managed to find me, that just did not make much sense to me at all, as it was clear to me that she knew some thing was going on right now, all at the exact same time as well.
I gulped a bit heavily, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that she was now all of the sudden holding on to me, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that she was trying to take me some where, all at once, as I tilted my head over to her, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that she was even doing right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways.
It was clear that this was important to her how ever, as she kept on pulling me over to my house, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I did not have time for questions clearly right now, as I did in fact begin to start to follow her in side of the house, all at the exact same time too, as I was so lost, and I was so scared a bit, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as to just what it was that she was even trying to do right at this very moment in time any ways, never the less.
We then began to start to head over to the side door of the house, which was the door that I had carried the dead corpse of my grand father from, all at the exact same time too, as I took one last look over to the grave that I had just freshly made for him, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden heard the door open, all at once, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden saw Kristin nod over to me, as soon as it was that I looked back over to her, none the less.
It was clear to me that she wanted to get in side, and she clearly wanted to get in side fast, to get away from what ever people it was that she had told me were coming after me, all at the exact same time as well. It still all seemed to feel a bit strange to me if I was not going to lie to my self either, but I was starting to relax my self, all at once, as I was starting to piece together what ever it was that might have happened, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as she then shut the door behind me, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that she wanted me to take the lead, to where ever it was that she wanted us to hide out at, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. I still was a little bit lost, until I then heard the loud noise of what seemed to be a very big truck, or a bunch of motorcycles heading our way, all at the exact same time too, as it was now clear to me that she was not lying with what ever it was that she had just said in the very first place any ways.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to take the lead for her, over to where it was that I felt like would be the best place for us to hide in the very first place any ways, none the less, which was in a nearby crawl space that happened to be in my grand fathers room, never the less.
I nearly tripped over the trip wire, which for sure would not have been good for us, if it was true, and some one really was in fact looking for me, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, as I was relieved that I had caught my grip at the last second, before it was that I had set the very loud alarm off, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then nodded a bit to my self, all at once, as I then looked over to where the small little crawl space was in the very first place any ways.
I then began to start to run over to it, as I heard that the vehicles were right up in my front yard right now, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to hear them stop, as it was clear that they were going to be checking out my place, all at the exact same time as well. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden opened the door to the crawl space, all at once, and I let Kristin go in side first.
Shortly after I made sure that she was safe in side of the crawl space, all at the exact same time too, I then hopped in it with her, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to stay as calm as I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that I had been thinking on before hand, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden closed the door to it.
It was now just darkness all around us, all at once, as it was quite a bit of a musty smell in to air all around us, all at the exact same time as well, which almost made me want to gag, all at the exact same time as well. I did not do as such a thing how ever, as I just did my best to try to stay as calm as I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden then turned my head over to where I could see the slight out line of the face of Kristin.
It was clear that she was scared as to just what it was that was coming after us, but I still was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on in the very first place any ways, none the less. After just a few moments, I then all of the sudden nodded to her, to try to calm my self down, and also let her know that I was about to go on ahead and speak to her, all at the exact same time too.
Kristin looked at me for just a few seconds, as it was a bit hard to see still, but I did in fact see her nod back to me, to let me know that she was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that I had to say to her at the very least, all at the exact same time too. I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief, as I then all of the sudden went on to go on ahead and start to speak to her, now that I knew that she was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that I even had to say to her, all at the exact same time as well.
"Kristin... Is this you? Is this real?"