28

I was livid

I was livid. I still am.

Keeping my cool after Apollo showed up was difficult, but I didn't want to bring any more conflict into Car's life.

Gods knows she's been through so much.

But the fucking urge to pummel the idiots face after pushing me away from Car was difficult to resist.

Who the fuck does he think he is?

I was handling it.

My protective nature over Carlotta developed quickly from the day I met her. To put it simply, she's just the purest (not really but you get what I mean) and nicest girl to walk the planet.

Emiliano didn't fucking deserve her and fucking Apollo sure as hell doesn't either.

We're now in his car on the way to his place, to supposedly go see Car's adoptive brothers.

Why the hell am I being dragged along? I think Apollo wants someone to fucking blame and would probably enjoy me being beat the fuck out of.

Sadist.

I knew he was a freak in the sheets-

Either way I would have come with. No way was I letting Car be in the car alone with this idiot.

Haha, Car and car.

My two favourite things happen to be the same-

I was sitting in the back, Car pulled close to my side under my arm.

Apollo opened the front passenger door for Car to get into, but I grabbed her and set her back with me before she could accept it.

I know, I know, call me toxic, but remember this guy is my best friend's worst enemy. They must hate each other for a reason right?

I'm just taking precautions, especially after what Car just experienced.

I mean for fucks sake, the bastard Emiliano tried to rape her. And he would've gone through with it, hadn't I stepped in.

Car hadn't said anything, only leaning into my hold as I rub her arm soothingly. Apollo however, kept looking back at us in the rearview mirror, glaring at me any chance he could.

I ignored him, too focused on comforting Carlotta then playing 'who's the alpha male' or 'who has wolfy claim over Car.'

We eventually pull up to a large house, and Car starts to stir, sitting up and looking out the window. As Apollo parks, she covers her face with her hands and mumbles, "What the fuck am I gonna tell my brothers?"

I put a reassuring hand on her back, "If you feel comfortable enough, tell them the truth." I say softly, "Trust me when I say it never helps to keep things secret and bottled up. But, if you do want to lie, I'll fully back you up." I reassure her at the end, sending her a mischievous wink.