52

After we got home yesterday, we essentially ate cake and watched movies for the rest of the night, trying to forget about the dinner we had just come back from

When I woke up this morning, it was safe to say I was still stuffed from the amount of food we ate the previous night.

I did wake up to a disappointing text though, souring my mood slightly for the morning.

Noah:

Hey Car, sorry I feel so bad but I have to pull out of the party tonight :/ parents grounded me. Reschedule for next weekend? Xx

Well, that freed up my day significantly, not that I wanted it to be free in the first place.

I felt like I needed a distraction from all my issues right now, something to just keep me busy and take my mind off stuff.

I groaned out loud but reluctantly got out of bed and headed to my bathroom to take a shower. Despite getting bad news this morning, cause to be honest what's new, I will make the most of this day.

I take a warm shower and blow dry my hair, then head to my closet to contemplate what I'm going to wear for the next 30 minutes.

Finally picking out an outfit to lounge around in, I grab my phone off my bed and skip downstairs to no doubt find everyone scattered around the house.

The first person I run into is Angelo, unluckily.

I'm still kinda mad at him for what he said yesterday about Santiago. I'm almost tempted to tell him what he did just so he'd feel bad about even suggesting it.

But that's not the point. Regardless of who he suggested I could marry as opposed to Gigi it still was not the right move. He should've been fighting for me to not get married period.

I give him little attention as I pass, and see his face fall a little as he follows behind me into the kitchen.

"Car, I'm sorry, okay? I'm just trying to make this easier on you without causing world war 3 with Luka." He reasons, and I understand where he's coming from, but I'm deciding to be petty.

I sit on the island and face Lorenzo who's making a coffee, now glaring slightly at Angelo as well.

Knowing Enzo is an ally, bless up, to my Santi hate club (still don't know why but I'll take what I can get at this point) I turn to him for support.

"Lorenzo," I say sweetly, making him look at me expectantly, "Santiago, marriage, opinion?" I say looking down at my hands and playing with my rings as I wait for him to back me up.

I hear him scoff, repulsed, and I smirk knowing I've already won this argument. "Thats never fucking happening Angelo, I don't care what beneficial bullshit reasons you can think of, Santiago is out of the question." He says sternly, making Angelo raise his hands up in surrender.