93

"Run

"Run."

Not even knowing what I'd just signed up for, I bolted out of the elevator and into Gigi's penthouse, slowed down slightly by my heels, but still making good speed.

I look behind me to see Gigi walking out of the elevator, his eyes trained on me, as he makes large strides to where I am, an amused smirk on his face.

My eyes widen when I realise he's coming for me and I panic, I run into the kitchen and get behind the kitchen island, Gigi hot on my tail as he rushes in after me.

He immediately recognises my tactic, gripping onto the other end of the island as he looks at me through dark eyes.

"This won't work sweetheart." He chuckles darkly, eyeing the left path round the island.

I internally start to make a plan, thinking of the places in the penthouse that are easiest to lose him in.

Getting impatient, Gigi runs round the left side of the island and I squeal, scared of his fast approach and quickly bolt out the kitchen door, Gigi running behind me.

I make for the stairs, winding up them as fast as possible even in my heels.

I look down and see Gigi bolting for the stairs as well, but Arabella quickly runs into his path and he halts, skidding to a stop before growling lowly under his breath.

Remind me to give Arabella extra treats later.

Something seems to flip in his brain and he steps around the cat and continues, genuine rage contorted onto his face now as looks up at me, "Carlotta!" He snarls, "Get the fuck over here!"

I keep up my pace, reaching the top of the stairs, and deliberating the two hallways I can go down. I choose the one that leads to the guest rooms and head down it as quietly as I can, hearing Gigi's heavy footfalls on the stairs.

Now that I know about Gigi's IED, it makes a lot of sense. But it also makes me wonder whether he's genuinely angry right now.

It also makes me wonder why the fuck I'm squeezing my thighs together at the thought of him using me to get his anger out.

Once I've made it deep into the hallway, I lean into one of the dents in the wall, housing a door to a guest room. I don't dare open the door to enter, knowing the sound will attract Gigi to my location. I need to wait until he makes a decision between the two hallways.

I can see his shadow deliberating between the two before his angry, rough voice calls out, "Carlotta!" He yells, before his voice goes slightly softer and whiney, "If you come out now baby, I'll go easy on you, I promise." He calls out, before I see his shadow descend in the hallway that leads to his room.

I smirk, jokes on you, I don't want you to go easy on me.

Feeling a little safer that he chose the wrong hallway, I moved down a little further, spotting Andreas's door.