81

I watch Car on the sidewalk, as she spots Astrid in the nail salon

I watch Car on the sidewalk, as she spots Astrid in the nail salon. She turns and gives me a small cute wave before heading into the shop and hugging Astrid.

When I see she's safe and happy, I change gears and pull off the curb, stepping on the gas as I speed down the road.

As I'm driving, I glance in the rearview mirror and catch sight of my reflection, taking a quick second to admire the eyeliner Car had done on me this morning.

I shake my head and smirk, not realising how fucking far gone I am for her.

I continue my drive down to our main warehouse, where my primary office is located. I hadn't been in to work very often for the past few days, slightly preoccupied with other things.

I call up Andreas on the way, wanting him down there for the work we had today. I call him on bluetooth and he picks up after two rings.

"Hey man." He rasps through the phone, sounding like he just got up.

"Get ready and meet me at warehouse 3." I say directly, and hear him groan on the other end of the line.

"Who is it?" States an equally tired voice from his end, and I raise my eyebrows.

He's in bed with Mateo.

I shouldn't be surprised but I am.

"I'll be there in half an hour." Is all Andreas responds before hanging up the call.

I was glad he finally made moves on Mateo though, he wouldn't stop talking about him after their first encounter.

I pull into my usual parking spot by the warehouse and switch off the engine. I look at myself one more time in the mirror, just to admire the touch Car had added to my features.

With thoughts of my beautiful girl, I get out of my car and head into work, face automatically emotionless and stern as the guards at the front door straighten as soon as they see me, going as far as they're faces paling slightly.

I pay them no attention as I stride through the main doors, directly entering a large training room facility, where men and women are sparring and using weapons.

This warehouse was where the majority of my combat soldiers were trained, other warehouses containing hackers, financial upkeeps and stock control of illegal goods.

I continue my journey across the training rooms, people standing to my attention as I pass, but I frankly couldn't be bothered to return the favour.

When I get close to the doors leading to the back rooms, I hear a scoff coming from my right, and a male voice snickering to a female.

"He really thinks he can demand our respect with fucking makeup on his face?" The man's voice scoffs, the woman beside him snickering cruelly.

I stop in my tracks, and turn to face the pair.