{○<>●Backstory○<>●}

There was an old abandoned-looking warehouse in the Underground. It was practically falling apart at the seams, that's how old it was. Moss covered almost every surface, and graffiti decorated the walls.

The simple sand path had not been disturbed by anyone for days but that changed as a frail woman covered in a dark cloak carefully made her way up it. When she reached the top, she pulled the doors open tiredly, making them echo a horrible screeching noise. As soon as she started, she stopped as she remembered that she did not want to disturb the sleeping form in her arms. 

She tried again to quietly open the doors and successfully did it without too much noise. Creeping around, she collected a few woollen rags from her small bag that rested at her hip and arranged them on the dusty floor.

Her movements were slow and almost reluctant as she created a tiny bed out of the rags. The thing in her arms was starting to stir which encouraged her to quicken her pace. She had to finish quickly before they come.

Once she was done, she brought up her beloved baby to her face and kissed her on her delicate forehead. The baby giggled joyfully, unaware of what was happening.

"I'm sorry little one... I can't keep you, if they find you, they will take you away and do who knows what. You will be better off without me. I love you. Don't ever forget that," she whispered to the baby as she hugged her. After saying her goodbyes, she laid the baby down in the makeshift bed and hummed a sweet lullaby.

The baby was nameless and the poor mother hoped that whoever finds her child, would provide her with a name and a safe life. She knew that often, people walked through the warehouse as a shortcut to get somewhere and that made her decide that that would be the safest place to leave her beloved child.

When the lullaby was finished, the baby was on the verge of sleep as the mother pulled out a stained piece of paper regarding all the information and wishes she had for her child.

Before she left, she kissed her baby girl one final time and began to leave. But before she left, she announced, "I will be back for you soon, I promise!"

○24|12|2021

○EDITED●