Chapter 47

○ No One's POV ●

As Silco turned the little machine in his hands, he was unaware of the pair of eyes that were glaring at him from above. He sighed as he leaned back in his chair and rested his head against his hands.

A click echoed the room as the two pieces connected, and Silco moved to get more comfortable in his chair.

Letting out a small breath, he leaned back in his chest, bringing the contraption towards his eye. Without warning, Jinx flung herself at Silcos' chair as she spun it around to face her.

○Jinxs Pov●

"Let me help you with that."

I shoved his head further back into the chair as he grunted from the sudden pressure.

"Where have you been, Jinx?" he asked quietly as he watched me. I placed myself sideways on his lap and replied, " Oh, you know. Here, there, chasing down dead ends."

"And gues what? They're not all dead," I stated as I moved the machine closer to his face.

"I can explain -"

He didn't get to finish his words before I stabbed  the needle into his cheek.

"Don't move, silly. I might hurt you."

"I didn't know, Marcus never told me she was in Stillwater," he began to explain, but I was getting tired of him explaining. I just wanted some answers.

"But you found out she came back!"
"You lied."

"I wanted to protect you," he said.

"From what."

"She and the enforcer are back for the crystal. Not for you. Have you forgotten how she left you? Who found you? Who cared for you? Gave you a home?"

"I am your family. Everyone else betrays us."

"I need you. Now more than ever."

No!
      No!

No!

Vi said she was back for me. That she missed me and didn't mean to leave me! She wouldn't lie to me, would she?

"She doesn't care about you. Vi has left you for someone better~" Milo joked, laughing out loud as his voice echoed around me.

I shook my head to get rid of the voices. Just remember what shimmer said. He's not real. Ignore him.

I hesitantly raised the machine closer to his eye as he continued to talk, but at this point, his voice just added to the haze of buzzing that surrounded me.

"You have to complete the weopen," he said as he stared into my eyes, almost pleasingly.

I lined the needle up with the pupil of his eye and plunged it down, watching his eyes widen in pain as he squirmed in his chair.

I watched him for a few seconds before jumping back into the ceiling and racing towards the place I call home.

Vi wouldn't do that to me.

Would she?

○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○

○Shimmers Pov●

I walked slowly down the spiral stairs to get down to the main platform just as Shimmer had placed herself down on her chair.

"She will be here soon, " I heard Jinx say as she looked at some blue prints foe what in guess is one of her new inventions.

"I'm already here," I said happily, and she spun around in her chair and stared at me for a few seconds before jumping off her chair and racing over to me. She engulfed me into a tight hug, and I swear I could see tears in her eyes.

"Are you ok? Did they hurt you?" She questioned worriedly, but I soon calmed her down when I smiled and said I was fine.

We stood there and hugged for a few minutes in silence before Jinx whispered, " I love you."

"I love you too, Jinx."

○01/11/23●