Chapter 43

○A/N●
ITS IMPORTANT!!

READ THE A/N AT THE BOTTOM!
IT WILL MAKE SENSE WHEN YOU READ IT LOL

○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○

○Y/ns Pov●

"Powder?" A voice echoed through the fog. Jinxs bright blue eyes met mine as she let out a quiet breath. Slowly, she turned on her heel to face the person we both thought we would never see again.

She stepped closer and closer, and by the time we had both turned, she was only a faint outline in the smog. The fog thinned as we stared at her.

"Vi?"

Without warning, the pink headed girls eyes brimmed with tears of happiness as she ran up to Jinx and engulfed her in a tight hug. My angel slowly accepted that her sister was not her imagination and gripped onto her as if she would disappear if she were to let go.

What my angel didn't seem to realize was that the blue crystal, that I didn't even see her retrieve, had fallen from her hand and landed with a soft thud on the metal beneath us.

The sound of a murder of crows echoed through the air as the two sisters embraced each other.

"I'm so sorry, Powder, I- I tried to come back. I promise I did, but I got arrested and- " Vi spluttered out quickly as she held Jinxs head in her hands.

"Marcus?" I asked quietly, but my question was swiftly answered before Vi's attentions switched back to her sister.

"I don't know, and it doesn't matter. I just thought that I'd never see you again," she explained, and she pulled Jinx back into a tight hug.

"Are you real?" Jinx asked, sounding as if she couldn't even believe her own eyes.

"Yes, of course, it's me. Vi, your sister! I- I'm here. I'm right here!"

"Things changed when you left... I changed..."

" I know pow pow, I know. You did what you had to do to survive. Me too, it's ok. What matters is that we're together now," Vi mumbled and pulled her back into a hug once again.

My head purked up as I heard loud footsteps launching themselves up the metal steps. Automatically, my hands went behind me to grip the handle of my gun.

Pulling it from its holster and aimed it at the top of the stair case.
"Babe, someone's coming," I called loudly as the person finally reached the top step. As soon as she heard me, Jinx whipped Vi behind her and pulled out her gun as well, and aimed it at the figure.

Vi looked over at the woman who emerged from the fog, and suddenly a worried look appeared on her face. When my angel glanced at her sister and saw her expression, she immediately looked betrayed.

"Who's she?!"

"Who are you?" The woman answered bitterly as she stared at her. Quietly, I moved forwards towards Jinx in case she needed backup.

"It's ok. She's a friend," Vi tried to explain and stood in between the enforcer and Jinx.

"Sevika wasn't lying?" I whispered quietly so only me and my angel could hear.