Chapter 45

"I'm your mother darling," she said with a huge smile on her freckled face, and she pulled me into a tight hug.

I just started at her.

"How do you know that?" I asked blankly.

"Heh- remember that woman who came up to you and grabbed your hair a while ago? That was me-"

"No, no, you can't be! My mum she- "she abandoned me and was soon killed!" I stammered.

" I did some tests on it, and I guess you can call it motherly instincts, but you are my daughter," she laughed, but all I did was stare at her.

"I know it's hard to believe, a- and I didn't abandon you because I didn't want you, I did it because I couldn't keep you," she explained.

"What?"

"I was young, stupid, and was in dept to a lot of dangerous people who wanted to hurt you to get revenge at me. I couldn't let them hurt you," she moved her hands to my face and began to trace her fingers along the scar on my neck and face.

Memories of me asking my dad where my mum was swirled round in my mind as he always answered the same way.

"She left you when you were only a baby, love. Dont worry, I'll never leave you."

"Where have you been all these years?" I asked quietly as I started at her.

"After I had set you down in the ware house, I saw Silco. I panicked, ran, and he sent one of his guards after me. He beat me black in blue but didn't check to see if I was actually dead. After, Echo and the firelights rescued me, and I healed up alright but have some scars," she reached over to her arm and moved her sleeve upwards to reveal one of her many scars.

"After that, I worked to try and get stronger, and that's when I started going on missions to stop Silco. I thought that if I stopped him, the Underground would be safe enough for me to try and get you back to me. But we never defeat him. Not yet, at least," she finished.

"And now here you are! We can be a family again, me and you, it's finally safe enough," she exclaimed as she pulled me into a hug once again.

I waited a minute for everything she had said to sink in. She tried to kill Silco? Silco sent his goons after her to kill her? She was involved in the missions that killed some of my friends?

She is not my mother.

"Get the hell off of me! I can't believe you!" I screamed as tears welled up in my eyes. You didn't try to get me back even after it was so called "safe enough" for us to he together again? To be my mother?" I questioned, as my anger only began to burn even more.

"I don't need you, and I never will."

I lifted my shirt to show a massive scar on my side.

"This is what I got when you decided to blow up Silcos headquarters 6 years ago. This is what you gave me 3 years ago when you set fire to a Shimmer shipment ship," I stated as I showed her the burn scars on my back.

Her face turned a ghostly pale as she stared at all the scars. My 'mothers' eyes started to overflow with tears as she started to spill out apologies.

"I- I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were there, please forgive me. I love you so much!" she cried as she held my hand.

"Not after what you did to me, you will never be my mother. Ever," I shouted as I turned to the door as I tried to pull it open.

It was locked, "Fuck sake" I thought as I wiped my tears. I can't focus on this right now, I need to get back to Jinx.

"If you really loved me, you would give me the keys to this floor and met me go," I stated and met eyes with the woman.

"O- ok," she gasped with a distraught look and handed over a singular silver key and collapsed onto the floor and break down.

"I love you so much and I truly am sorry. I'm just glad to see you after such a long time, you are beautiful," she whispered.

I opened the door and gave the woman one last look before racing out of the room to look for an exit.

I rounded a corner and collapsed against a wall to process everything that had just happened.

That woman was my mum and she just admitted to abandoning me. I didn't know what to feel. Anger? Betrayal? Happy? Happy to finally meet the woman but angry at what she did to me.

"I'll figure that out later," I thought," I need to get back to my angel."

○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○

Two updates in a day wow! Surprised myself there lol

Hope you enjoyed <3

○26|08|23●