Part-8

Vierra's POV

I was making rounds in the Palace. Making sure that everything was alright before the nobles from around all the kingdom arrive for the meeting. I happened to walk in front of the room of that girl.

I decided to go in. So, I unlocked the door and went in. She was laying in the bed staring at the ceiling.

I kept Standing there watching her, when she didn't notice me I decided to get her attention

"Is the ceiling interesting?" 

She kept looking at the ceiling and said "it's better than looking at your face" 

I felt my anger rise at this but calmed down myself. "What's the name of the Vampires who helped you train?" 

I asked "I don't know" she said. I went towards her in anger but was shocked at seeing her face she really is a beauty.

I composed myself and asked "Are you not curious about how I knew you have vampire friends?" 

She chuckled at this "I could smell your annoying scent just outside the room. And I know whatever I talk to Valerie will reach you, and if she doesn't tell you than as a royal you've got a good hearing" she said finally looking at me.

"You're way Smarter than you look" I commented. "And you are way crueler than you look" she said finally sitting up.

I scowled at this and grabbed her by the front of her shirt. "You're really testing my patience" 

"Then just kill me and get it over with" she suggested and I looked at her with my brows furrowed. 

"What are you waiting for do it? It's not like you've ever thought before killing someone" she said. 

I threw her on the bed with force. She grunted in pain. I noticed a mark on her shoulder.

I grabbed her arm and ripped the shirt from her shoulder. I held her firmly and looked at the mark on her upper arm which extended to her shoulder. She was continously struggling but she was not strong enough to overpower me. 

Once I had taken a good look of the mark I let her go and left the room.

I went to the palace garden. I was trying to connect the dots make sense of the things.

I was in my thoughts when someone said "Sister" snapping me out of my thoughts. 

I looked over my shoulder and Luke was standing there. I turned to give him my full attention. "I heared you went to hunt, why did you returned so quickly?" He asked walking closer.

"I'd more pressing matters to deal with" I replied. I don't want anyone to find out about that girl's existence. At least not until I know of how many of like her are present.

"Sister?" He said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes?" 

"You're not bothered for some other reason, right?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Nothing, I'm just concerned about my sister" he said. I nodded "no there's no other reason"

At night

I was in my room still thinking about that girl. When Valerie walked in.

"She's a huntress" I said turning to her. "Are you sure?" She asked.

"I've killed hundreds of her kind do you really think I would've said that if I wasn't sure?" I snapped.

"So, what are you going to do?"

"What should I do? Should I kill her?" I wondered.

"But if she's a huntress she should be able to kill you" Valerie said.

"She's not aware of herself. And her ignorance is what stopping her from killing me" I replied.

"You should go and rest I'll deal with this tommorow"I said. She nodded and left.

I held my glass of blood and went to balcony looking at night sky. 

I got out of my room and started to walk towards the room of that girl. I opened the lock and went in. 

She was sleeping. I went near her, my eyes went to her face taking in her features. 

I listened to the steady rythm of her heartbeat and it felt like a perfect melody.

I was about to leave when I noticed a tear roll out of her eyes. Is she having a nightmare?

I sat on the edge of the bed observing her. I was about to leave when she turned and her hand went above my hand.

I froze at this. She is fast asleep. I carefully moved her hand and went out of the room to my own room.