Part-20

Chapter 20

Next day, 
I woke up to the sound of light knocking. Damn! I just fell asleep. I walked out of the room and Vierra was standing there.

Again, she kept throwing me to the ground for hours. After training she told me to freshen up and meet her in council room.

After changing clothes, I went to the council room and Luke, Princess Arina and Valerie were already there

I took a seat. "Where's Vierra?" I asked and Arina scowled at my words. But I ignored her and turned my attention to Luke and Valerie. 

"She'll be here in a few" Valerie said and I nodded. After a few minutes Vierra walked in and sat on the head seat.

"I've called you all here to tell you it's time set things in motion. We can't wait any further or else bloodshed will be the only option left" she said

"Sure, but what's the plan" Arina asked. "Valerie has informed me that leader of Vampires rebels have agreed to meet. So, I'll meet him along with Luke and Valerie" Vierra said.

"And Solenne and you will meet human rebels" she added.

"As much as you would love to send Arina with me, it's not possible. I'm not taking an annoying piece of shit with me " I hissed.

"Watch your mouth or else the next thing coming out of it will be your teeth " Arina hissed.

"Humans will take this as an offence. And might even refuse to talk" I said looking at Vierra. 

"Do you really think my sister is dumb enough to let you meet with human rebels on your own?" Arina said smugly.

"And I hope she is not dumb enough to send you with me" I hissed back.

"You…" Arina but was cut off by Vierra "Arina will go with you and that's the end of discussion" Vierra said looking at me.

I gritted my teeth but didn't say anything. "Now, it's time to decide which route you'll take" Vierra said.

"We can either go from villages and cities but it will take us weeks to get there or we can go through forest. It's the shorter route but more dangerous" I finished.

"We'll go through forest route" Arina said and we all turned to her.

"We don't have much time. Things are already getting out of hand. So, it's better if we reach there as soon as possible" she continued. "She's right. We'll take the forest route" I said.

"Very well. Let's move on" Vierra said. We talked some more strategies and then everyone left to prepare for the journey.

I packed some clothes in a bag and walked to Luke's room to check on him. I knocked on the door. 

He opened it and smiled "Come in" he said stepping aside. I went in. "Are you ready?" He asked. "Yes, I am. We'll meet Vierra one last time and then leave" I said and he nodded.

We met Vierra and left. Both Arina and I were riding on a horse. The Human empire is at the distance of a few days of journey. 

"Have you been to human empire?" I asked. "With the Queen for political purposes, yes. But to travel, no" She replied.

At the end of the day, I said "Let's set the camp for the night". "No we'll keep moving. I have good vision at night as I'm a vampire. I can lead the way" Arina said looking at me.

"We need to rest or else it'll affect us" I said looking at her. "No" she said stubbornly. 

I sighed and said "I know vampires don't need to sleep but they still need to rest. No matter how much powerful they are" 

"What makes you think that I need rest?" She said finally stopping and looking at me.

"Do you not?" I asked stopping too and looking back at her. She kept looking at me intensely for a few minutes before she turned and said "Let's burn the fire under that tree" pointing towards a tree. A slight smile made it's way to my lips and I followed her. 

We set up the camp and light the fire. I heated the food we brought and started to eat. 

After I finished eating I looked at Arina, she was looking at the stars sitting at some distance.

I walked to her and sat besides her. I moved my wrist towards her and said "Drink up" looking ahead.

She turned towards me "What?" She asked and I looked at her "I said drink up. You need energy for the journey ahead" 

She kept looking at me "Why would you offer me your blood?"

"I told you, you need energy for the journey ahead. It'll take a few days to get there even with this route. You can't exactly starve till we reach Human empire and I'm pretty sure even if reached there. It'll not be easy for you to get blood there"  I said.

She took hold of me and bit on my wrist. I slightly hissed in pain but it went away and I felt nothing. After a few minutes I felt drowsiness and I held onto her shoulder for support.

She pulled back and pierced her fingers placing them on my wrist. And my wrist healed along with her fingers.

She looked at me. And that's when I noticed that we're incredibly close to each other.

We kept looking at each other till I realized what's happening and got up. "I'm going to sleep" I said and walked away without waiting for an answer. 
Next day, we started our journey ahead.