Part-27

After Vierra dismissed us and I went to the garden as I wasn't feeling very sleepy.

I was looking at the stars when I heard someone coming and they stood by my side.

I realized it was Vierra. I sighed and was about to leave when she said "I know I told you I won't kill Anyone. But I'm sure you understand that I can't do anything about this"

I turned around and said "I know. It can't be helped". We both fell silent.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" Vierra asked. "I don't feel sleepy at the moment" I said. "What about you? You usually never initiate a conversation" I said.

"Because every time I try you only talk about killing me" she said simply. I stiffed for a second but forced the images out of my head.

"You and Arina seemed close. Looks like sending you together was a good idea" she said.

So she did noticed. "Yeah, well she's not bad. Just a little hard headed" I said and Vierra nodded.

Again a heavy silence fell between us. "You should stop trying to push her away, she cares about you a lot" I said and walked away to my room.

Next day,

I woke up and went to Vierra's room. I opened the door and walked in. She was sitting on her desk.

She didn't look up. I walked to her and she said "What is it?". "When should I arrange the meeting between you and Nicholas?" I asked sitting at the chair across her.

"In a few days, maybe. First I want to know about how bad the condition with rebels has gotten" she said interwinin her fingers.

"Okay." I said and paused for a few seconds. "Is there something else?" She asked. "I want to ask you something"

"Go on" she said. "Why haven't you killed me?" I asked. She raised an eyebrow "What do you think? What can be my reason?" She asked leaning back in her chair.

"I don't know that's why I asked" I said. "I want to deal with the rebellion, in the most effecient way. I don't want to unnecessarily kill anyone. Human or vampire, that's why"

"It's couldn't be just about my connection with Nicholas" I said pressing for more.

"Then what other reason do you think is there?" She asked again. "I don't know. But who would show mercy to the person trying to kill them" I said slightly irritated.

"But that's the thing you can't kill me. You can't do me any harm" she countered.

I fell silent for a few seconds and then said "What if I can?" I said in a low voice.

"What?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "What if I can hurt you or kill you? What if there is a way?" I said.

"I'm sure you don't have any such thing or else you would have tried it by now" she said simply.

I didn't say anything and got out of her room. I was walking down the hallway. When someone walked up to me.

"Hey" I looked around and it was Valerie. "Hi" I replied. "What were you doing in Vierra's room?" She asked.

"I was asking about the meeting with Nicholas" I replied. "Oh. By the way, how was your visit to Human Empire" she asked.

"It was nice" I said " I haven't talked to my friends there in a while now. It was good" I added

"Uh huh. Anything interesting happened?" She asked. "Yeah, Arina kind of become best friend of my friend there" I said.

"Really?" She asked. "Yeah" I said and we walked separate ways