Part-47

Solenne's POV

I was laying in my room at the travern when someone knocked on the door. I got up and opened the door and was surprised to see Vierra standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked still very much surprised. "Can I come in?" She asked looking around.

I moved aside and she walked in. "Have a seat" I said not looking at Vierra as I could feel the hurt I felt while watching Vierra and Evelyn kiss.

She sat on the edge of the bed while I took the chair. "Why did you come here?" She asked. "I had some business to take care of" I said.

"What business?" She asked raising a brow at me. "Why do I need to tell you?" I countered and she fell silent.

"Evelyn.... She..." Vierra started but I interrupted her. "No need to explain. It's not like there's ever going to be anything between us" I said looking out the window.

While Vierra fell silent. "I suspect Evelyn. I think she's deeply involved with the rebellion" Vierra said and I nodded not knowing what to say.

"Look I'm not going to apologize for what I did. Because I have to do my duty as a Queen and if it means doing this again a hundred times more I will do so" she said looking at straight at me.

"Noted" I said. "And like you said there's nothing that can happen between us. I have a duty to my people and a huntress as their Queen is not the best thing to do" Vierra said.

"Then why are you here?" I asked looking at her. "Because...... Well.... I just wanted to let you know" she said and I nodded.

"When are you going to return to the palace?" She asked. "In a day or two" I replied. "Are you sure you can't tell me what business do you have?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm sure" I said. "May be I can help you" "No I can handle it" . "Well, then I'll get going" she said standing up. "Okay" I said. She awkwardly moved towards the door.

"We're really close to completely finishing out the rebellion. Then you'll be free of me" Vierra said standing by the door and then went away.

I locked the door and sat down on the chair thinking about if I really want to be away from Vierra.

After a few days,

I went back to the palace, I hope Vierra has dealt with Evelyn. I walked in and was greeted by Arina. She looked at me as if she was going to kill me.

"Hi" I said and she hugged me with quite a force. "Do you even realize how much worried I was about you?" She asked.

"Sorry, just had some business to take care of" I said and she looked at me as if she didn't believe me. And to be honest, I didn't even believe myself.

"Next time, at least inform me before leaving to take care of your business" she said sarcastically while pulling me in for a hug.

"Okay, I will" I said as we walked inside talking about random things till we came face to face with Evelyn.

"Your highness" she said curtysing for Arina. "Countess Evelyn" Arina nodded. We were about to walk away when she said "it seems that you're extremely close with this soldier" she said gesturing at me.

"It's not really wise for a royalty to be accustom with a lowly soldier" she added. While I internally rolled my eyes.

"I'll be the judge of whom I want to be accustom with" Arina stated angrily and walked away with me.
That woman has definitely some scheme cooking up in her head.

Once we were far enough "The audacity of this woman. I just hate her" Arina said and I smiled.

"I'm pretty sure she doesn't like you either" I teased and she glared at me. "Whose side are you on?"

"Yours of course" I said and she sighed. "She's just unbelievable". "But why hasn't Vierra gotten rid of her?" I asked.

"It's not a place to discuss the details" she said and dragged me into her room. She locked the door and turned to me.

"Vierra's suspicion was correct. Evelyn is not only involved with rebellion but she's the one leading it." Arina said.

"But isn't she obsessed with Vierra?" I asked. "She is, but she's equally obsessed with power. And considering humans as her equals doesn't exactly make her powerful"

"So, what's Vierra's plan to deal with her?". "I don't know. Vierra and I aren't exactly on the same page you know" she said hesitantly.

"About what?". "About everything. She has a different way of dealing things and I have a different way. So, we don't exactly get along. Besides, it's not like we're on speaking terms lately. So.." Arina trailed off.

"Don't worry we both know that Vierra's a bitch" I said and she chuckled. "Yeah, she is for sure"

I was looking at her suddenly everything became awkward she cleared her throat and asked "So, what's going on between you and Vierra?"

"W-what do you mean?" I asked a bit nervously. "It means that I know something happened between you two" she said with a teasing smirk, but somehow it didn't reach her eyes.

"N-nothing happened" I said and she raised an eyebrow at me "Well, nothing meaningful happened" I said sighing.

"So, something did happened". "I told you it's not anything meaningful. Vierra and I.... It can't happen and you know that" I said and she just nodded.

After that I went to my room. I was laying on my bed when someone knocked on the door. I opened it and Lara was standing there.