part 35

Solenne's PoV

I went to Arina's room and knocked on the door. "Come in" I went in and Haley and Arina were talking about something stupid like always.

"How was your meeting with Vierra?" Hayley asked. "It was fine". "Good, that's how it should be" Arina said and I raised a brow.

"You have been on edge around her these past days" Arina commented buy I didn't say anything.

"Let's talk about something else" Hayley suggested. "Like how you didn't tell me you like my brother?" Arina feigning anger.

"Wha... What! You told her?" Hayley asked looking at me with wide eyes." In my defense, I didn't know that you haven't told her"

"And why did you not wanted for me to know?" Arina huffed. "Well I... It's actually just a stupid crush not anything serious"

"Oh come on, you don't have to be like that in front of me. I would love to have you as my sister in law" Arina said and Hayley visibly blushed.

"We'll talk about it some other time for now let's go to our rooms and sleep" Hayley said and before anyone can say anything she walked out.

"Guess I too should go" I said and Arina nodded.

I was in my room trying to sleep but couldn't. My thoughts were on the conversation I had with Vierra earlier. and it was making go crazy.

At last, I gave up and decided to train for a while. I went to the training grounds and picked up a sword. I started to practice by swinging the sword in different directions.

"What are you doing here at this time?" Someone asked from behind me. I turned around and looked at the source of voice. It was Vierra.

"Why? Do I need your permission to come here?" I countered. "And if I say you do then?"

"Too bad, I don't care" I said and she chuckled. For a moment I was too much lost that I couldn't move my eyes from her face, she looked incredibly beautiful laughing carefree.

She calmed down and said "I wasn't expecting a different answer from you"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. "It means that you're so set on hating me that you take every chance you can get to defy me"

"I'm not set on hating you, I already hate you" I said venemously. "You do know that there is a thin line between love and hate, right?" She asked walking close to me until we were mere inches apart.

I kept looking at her for a few moments and said "But for me that line is not that thin" moving a few steps back.

She didn't say anything and kept looking at me "let's have a duel" I said and she looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Are you sure?" She asked. "I wouldn't have suggested if I wasn't" I said smirking and threw a sword towards her which she caught by the hilt with ease.

We got in a fighting position and started circling each other until suddenly, I lunged at her and like always she easily dodged my attack.

She pushed back and I fell on the ground. I stood up grunting and she smiled at me, sadly? Before I could think much about it my body being used to fighting, attacked and I went with the flow.

I could feel that she was trying to manage and control her power during attack's so, that I don't get hurt. I don't know why but a smile made it's way on my face at this thought.

But Vierra took advantage of this moment of my distraction and threw me to the ground, but still managing my weight in such a way that I don't fall too hard.

" What got you distracted?" Vierra asked. And I froze for a second which didn't went unnoticed by her. " I just thought of something, nothing serious" I said looking around at which she raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything else.

After that I went back to my room and fell asleep.