Part-14

SOLENNE'S POV

I was standing in the garden, feeling cool breeze on my skin. When someone said "Should I leave?"

I turned around and Luke was coming towards me. I smiled at him and said "Shut up you idiot"

We both started laughing and hugged each other. "It's been a long time, I longed to meet you" he said.

"I too missed your stupid ass" I said punching his bicep lightly. "Now, I think you need some explaining to do" I said getting serious.

He sighed "Of course. First of all, I apologize for not telling you my title. I should've but it just felt so liberating being with you, that sometimes I would myself forget that I am a Prince" he said and I raised and an eyebrow at him.

"But nonetheless I should have told you" he added seriously. I smiled "That's okay, I know it was already a huge deal to go against your sister and train me"

"But when did you figured out my title?" He asked.

"Have you ever heared yourself talk? Anyone can guess the way you speak that you're somewhere higher up in the heirarchy" I said.

" I would like to refer to it as a refined way" he said cockily. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"We should leave from here before my sister sees us. It's her personal place" he said turning around.

"Don't worry. She knows I'm here" I said and he stopped, looking at me curiously.

"Is that so?" I nodded. "Okay, so tell me what happened after you attacked my sister at her camping?" He asked.

I told him everything and he just nodded. "Aren't you going to say anything? I said I'll kill your sister"

He looked at me and said "No, I won't come in between you and my sister" he said looking at me.

"sometimes you have to do nothing and let things unfold as such, for a greater good" he added with a distant look in his eyes.

"Anyways, let's have a duel" he said challenging me.

"Sure" I said. "After all, I want to see how much you've improved in your time with..." Before he could say anything else I clasped his mouth with my hand and pointed towards my ear.

Indicating that a lot of ears are listening to us. "My apologies now shall we?" He said.

I nodded and he led the way to armory. He picked a sword for himself. While I looked around the armory and picked the sword that was strong and agile.

We went to the training grounds and everyone else stopped seeing Luke approach. "Continue your training" he said.

"Let them see. I too want to see this girl's ability to see wether I can trust her or not" Arina said.

Vierra also came to the grounds and Luke looked at me. I nodded.

We both got in the fighting stance. "Let's do it" he said smirking and came at me. I dodged his attack, pushed him away and jumped at him with my sword.

Vierra's POV

I was watching Solenne fighting. She was fighting as an equal match. It felt like she had no problem sparing with a royal Vampire.

It felt strange seeing her fight. The girl who can kill me and will do so in an instant if given a chance.

"She can be a problem in the future" Arina said looking at me. "I'll make sure she does not" I said.

"How can you be so sure? You should kill her" she said. Luke who seemed to be listening everything got distracted and Solenne took this opportunity sending his sword flying out of his hands.

She put her sword at his neck. He raised his hands. "You got distracted" she said lowering her sword. She was about to turn when Luke attacked her with a dagger.

But Solenne immediately got out of his way. "You've certainly improved" he said smiling proudly.

"You need practice" I said. "You were barely able to got out of the way of the dagger. I'll train you" I added and her eyes went to me.

"And why would you do that?" She asked curiously. "Because I want you to fight for me, against rebels if needed"

"First of all, I won't fight that was not the deal. And secondly I'm pretty sure if I can stand against a royal for this much long I can easily kill vampires. Which I have done already so, What's the real reason?" She asked looking in my eyes.

Why did I said that? I thought to myself. But couldn't answer. When I didn't answer for a while she raised an eyebrow

"Because I don't want you to be killed. And you're underestimating vampires. You've only killed common vampires, noble vampires are much more powerful. And Luke was not fighting with you at his full potential. If he was do you really think you would be able to stand against him even for a full minute?" I answered.

She looked at me shocked although she did a good job to hide it but I could still feel her shock, due to her heartbeat.

"When will we start she asked?" I smirked "From tommorow morning" I said and turned around walking away.