Part-51

Next day,

Vierra's POV

I was in my office working over some files when Arina entered my office. I put my pen down and looked at her.

"Why didn't you tell her?" She asked with are her arms crossed across her chest looking down at me.

"What?" I asked. "About her parents for God sake, you know that's why she ran away last night" she said irritated.

I sighed. "I will tell her today" I said and she looked at me. "Good. It's about time you clear that up" she said and walked out with a smile.

Solenne's POV

I woke up at base of the tree where Valerie took me once. I got up and went to palace. I reached there and went to the Council room.

Everyone was already there. I went to sit next to Arina. "Sorry, I'm late" I said. No one said anything. May be cuz everyone knows about last night because of their hearing.

"As I was saying, we have defeated the rebels. Now, All the Empire is at peace." She finished but still no one said anything.

"I'll leave then" I said and everyone turned to me. "I was here because of rebellion now that it's over there's no point for me to stay" I finished getting up and walked out of the room.

As I was I was walking towards my room. I collided with Lara. "Ufff!" She huffed as she fell down.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking" I said holding my hand out to help her up. She took it and winced as I helped her up.

"Your grip" she hissed in pain and I let go of her hand almost immediately. I immediately walked away in horror.

I went to my room to pack things. As I was packing someone knocked on the door. "Come in" I said and Vierra walked in.

I didn't say anything and continued packing. "So you're leaving" she said and I nodded. "Without killing me?" She said and I stopped.

Before continuing packing my things, " I don't want to anymore" I said more honestly than I've ever been in my life.

"Why?" She asked walking close to me. " I stood straight and said "You already know, Vierra"

"Maybe I want you to say it" she said raising an eyebrow. "If you want to know than here. I am leaving Because I've fallen for you but I can't be with you" I said blinking back tears and continuing packing.

"Why can't you be with me?" She asked and I straightened up again and said "Do you really need to ask that? You killed my family Vierra!" I shouted with tears in my eyes.

I closed my eyes and collected my self. "Just go. I want to leave in peace" I said. "What if I said I never killed your parents? Will you stay then?" She asked her eyes were filled with softness.

"What does that mean? I saw you killing them" I said with my brows furrowed. "Think about it would I ever be able to kill a village full of hunters?" She said raising an eyebrow.

"What if they were just staying in the village?" I asked and she sighed. "It's still not possible. A hunter of the age of your parents would have been able to kill me single handedly"

"Then are you saying that those people were not my family?" I asked. "It does seem like it" she said and I sighed and ran a hand on my face.

"How long have you known for?" I asked. "Since the moment I discovered you were a huntress" she said.

"But why didn't you tell me?" I asked. "Because till now there was no point"

She said getting close to me. I closed the distance and we kissed. I put all of my emotions in the kiss and I guess she was doing the same as we were wrapped up in each other I heard the door to my room opening.