Part-24

Chapter 24

"You're a huntress!" Hayley exclaimed.

_

"I thought that hunters were extinct. But why didn't you tell me you're a huntress?" Hayley said frowning.

"Hold on a bit, I'm a what now?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "A huntress" she said looking at me.

"A huntress? You're crazy. I told you, you should not read so much novels. What is even the meaning of huntress?" I asked.

"You seriously don't know what I'm talking about?" She asked looking at me. "No, I don't" I said as a matter of fact finally getting dressed.

"Okay, then come with me" she said grabbing my hand and dragging me with her.

"At least tell me where are we going?" I asked. "To the library" she said continuing to drag me while I made sure not to trip along the way.

We reached there and she started to go around shelves looking for God only knows what.

"Hayley what are we doing here? Is this some kind of trick?" I asked. "Just wait a minute and I'll explain" she said walking towards another shelf, and pulled a thick book out.

"What is it?" I asked and she said. "Sit and I'll show you" she said pointing towards a chair. 

I sat on it sighing. She opened the book, turning pages until finally she stopped at one. She pushed the books towards me and said "Look" 

I turned my eyes lazily towards the page but my brows furrowed at content of the page. It was a picture of the mark on my shoulder.

"What is it about?" I asked. "It's a hunter's mark, What you have on your shoulder" she said.

"But what does it mean?" I asked. "It means you're a huntress" she said. "I got that part but what does that mean for me? Like am I supposed to feel any different or something?" I asked.

"Well for starters you're supposed to be as strong as vampires" she said. "yeah, but I don't feel anywhere near as strong as a vampire" I said.

"That's because a hunter's powers needs to be awaken". "And how does one do that?" I asked.

"Look it's written here, A hunter's power can only be awakened after drinking a vampire's blood. Before that a hunter is same as a human. After a hunter's power have been awakened, his body will fight to destroy vampires and his blood will be poison for them. Unfortunately, vampires have killed all the hunters. As no hunter has been seen in over a hundred years" she completed.

"Okay, then how am I alive now? This book says that no one has seen a hunter in over a century" I said.

"I don't know. My guess is as good as yours" she said looking at me. "You know it's way too much hard to believe, right?" I asked and she sighed.

"I know it's hard for you to accept it but…" I interrupted her and said "Hard is an understatement. You're telling me that I belong to a completely different race. One that supposedly went extinct. How does it make sense to you?" I asked.

"Moreover, Arina has been drinking my blood for past few days and she's completely fine" I added.

"Well, it's written that before awakening of your powers you're just like a human" 

I sighed. "okay, what else can you tell me?" "It's written that after a hunter's powers has been awaken he lives as long as a vampire" she finished.

"Hayley?" I said. "Huh?"

"Do you think Arina know about me being a hunteress?" I asked. "I don't know, has anyone else seen your mark before?" She asked.

"No, I don't… Wait a minute". "What is it? Who has seen it?" Hayley asked.

"Vierra" I said and my jaw clenched. "Who now?" She asked looking at me with her brows furrowed.

"Vampire fucking Queen" I said and her eyes widened in realization. "But she should have killed you by now. After all, you can kill her. Then why?" Hayley said looking at me confused.

"Because she thought I'll never know about myself" I said through gritted teeth. "And besides by keeping me close she can keep an eye on me" I added.

"She wouldn't have been wrong. I mean if I hadn't accidentally walked on you, you might have never known" she said.

"Hayley can I take this book with me?" I asked. "Yeah, can but what are you going to do now?" She asked.

"For now, I'll try to learn about myself as much as I can and try to finish the rebellion. That doesn't change" I said and she nodded.

"Can you please keep it from Arina? I want to know how many people know about me before I tell anyone I know about myself" I added.

"Okay, but whatever you do. Try to be safe, okay?" I nodded and left.

I reached Arina's room and knocked on the door. She opened it and said "I'm ready let's go" and we left for the Vampire Empire.