Part-30

Next day,

I woke up and went to kitchen the delegation from human empire was having breakfast there. I joined them.

After breakfast we went to council room. Vierra entered and everyone stood up, including me.

"Let's discuss about the strategy of war and how many people do you need from us" Nicholas said.

"We'll need as many people as possible to minimize the loss of life on our side. As for the strategy of war, I'm afraid that I can't reveal it to you yet" Vierra replied.

"My men will be fighting for you we need to know" Nicholas said. "I'm aware and I as said I'll reveal it to you just not yet as to figure out the people who are actually on our side"

"But still.." Nicholas was about to protest when Haley said "Then when will you reveal the strategy?"

"Very soon. Just as soon as I'm sure that I can trust certain people" Vierra said. "I need you fighting along side me. So, I assure you that you'll be aware of every detail very soon" she added.

Nicholas nodded and said "What will be our next step now?" "First of all you should return to human empire and prepare the army and wait for my instructions"

"Okay. We'll do it but I need every single detail" Nicholas said and Vierra nodded.

Everyone was about to leave when Vierra said "Nicholas and Solenne can you both stay" everyone turned to us but then went away.

"What is it"? Nicholas asked. "I want you to come to vampire empire after preparing the army. So, that we can work on war strategy"

"Only me?". "Yes, you can bring your daughter if you want but it's better if there is no one else with you"

"Why?" Nicholas asked. "Because there might be a spy amongst you" I replied and Nicholas turned to me.

"What do you mean?" He asked. "Think about it how is it possible to attack this many human towns without a mole?" I said

"That might just be a coincidence plus vampires are strong they can easily get past our defences" he said.

"Vampires are strong but even than it's not possible to attack this many towns when the defenses of all the towns are so strong" Vierra said.

"Then why didn't you tell me this before?" Nicholas asked turning to me. "Because I wasn't sure before but after talking to Vierra, I can say that there is surely a mole amongst you" I said and he raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything and I looked at him a bit confused.

"Okay, I'll get going now" he said turning to the door and I followed him. I walked him to his room. I was about to turn around when he said "Do you always call her by her name?"

I raised an eyebrow "What?". "The Vampire Queen. Do you always call her by her name?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm not her subordinate so, I don't see why I should call her your Majesty" I said and he didn't say anything for a while.

"Is there a problem?" I asked and he finally looked at me and smiled "No, it's nothing" he said and walked into his room. I too turned around and walked to my room.

Next day,

I was standing at the palace gate to see off the human delegation. I hugged Nicholas and then turned to Haley.

Who was blushing furiously after Luke kissed her hand. I smirked at her and she rolled her eyes. I hugged her and she whispered "talk to someone"

We pulled back, I looked at her and nodded.