Part-42

Next day,

I woke up next to Arina. I looked to my side and saw that Arina is already looking at me.

"Morning" I said smiling. She smiled and said "slept well?" ."Yeah" I said propping myself up on my arms pecking her lips.

"I'm hungry" I said and she chuckled. "Okay, let's get dressed and get you something to eat" I nodded and we got dressed.

As we were getting dressed I said "Arina last night..." But she interrupted me and said " didn't meant anything, I know" she said.

"Oh okay" I said and we walked out of her room. We went to the kitchen and got breakfast.

After breakfast I went to Vierra's garden. As I was strolling, Valerie walked up to me. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Enjoying the beauty of nature. What about you?" I asked. "What about me?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "What are you doing nowadays?"

"Nothing, fun. Just training the troops" she sighed. "Oh" I said. "Have you talked to Arina?" She asked. "I..... No, I haven't"

"What about Vierra? Have things gotten any better?" . "No, she's still being her" I said.

"She will get better at some point" she said.

Arina's POV

I was sitting on my desk working on some related to the empire when someone knocked on the door of my room.

"Come in" I said and Valerie walked in. I was surprised to see her in here. "Hey" she said walking up to my desk.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" I asked. "Nothing, just checking on you" she replied.

I raised an eyebrow"what do you mean?" I asked. " That I wanna check on you we haven't talked in a while, remember?"

"Yeah, we haven't" I said. "So, how was your meeting with Seline?" She asked. "It was alright. She.... She is happy" I said.

"And...? What about you?" Valerie asked. "I'm alright" I said trying my best to smile convincingly. I'm pretty sure Valerie noticed but didn't say anything.

"How are things between you and Vierra going?" She asked. "They are sane as always" I replied. "Have you noticed the change in her?" Valerie asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked with my brows furrowed. "Don't tell me you haven't noticed how she smiles sometimes for no reason at all. And how she is but more softer nowadays?"

"Yeah, I noticed that" I replied. Suddenly curious about the reason of her change. "Solenne really has an effect on her" she said and I felt like my world shattered all of a sudden.

"What?" I asked. "Solenne is the one who caused change in Vierra. And I think Vierra is aware of that and she cares about solenne too" I felt numb hearing this like someone ripped every part of my body.

"Now, Vierra should just tell solenne that she didn't kill her parents" Valerie said smiling.

"Yeah, that....that would be amazing" I replied. After that Valerie went out if my room. And tears started to flow down from my face uncontrollably.