Part-23

Chapter 23

Next day,

Solenne's POV

I woke up and got ready for the day ahead. It's been a few days since we've got here. In this duration Hayley and Arina have gotten awfully close to the point that they are always together. Arina and I too seem to be getting along well. She's not as bad as I thought. I got out of my room and saw Arina and Hayley together again.

I decided to go to them before Arina get us in some trouble. "You should've seen his face, that was so worth it" Arina said laughing.

"Uh! I missed it" Hayley said back. "What are you two talking about?" I asked approaching them.

"Why should we tell you?" Hayley said looking at me grinning widely. "Okay, then don't tell me" I said.

"We weren't going to" Hayley said and they both burst out laughing. I rolled my eyes and she said "Ow! Don't worry you can join us" Hayley said. "Yeah, No thanks. I'm going to Nicholas to talk about his decision"

"I'll come with you" Arina said and I nodded. "Okay, see you guys later" Hayley said and we started to walk towards the meeting room. "So Hayley and you are like some kind of best friends now?" I asked.

"Why jealous?" Arina said raising an eyebrow causing me to roll my eyes again. "More like annoyed"

"Why have a crush on her? Or me?" She said looking at me suggestively and I scoffed. "Don't flatter yourself".

"I'm just saying no need to be so defensive" she said smirking and I rolled my eyes.

We reached the meeting room and Nicholas was already there waiting for us. "Hey buddy" I said and he looked at us.

"Hey" his voice seemed strained probably because of Arina. "So have you thought about it?" I asked.

"Yes, I have and I've also talked to village's council members" he said. "Cool, then what did you all decide?" I asked.

"We've decided that we'll cooperate for now" he said and I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean by for now?"

"It means that we'll work together for now because we have the same goal. As soon as it changes we're out" he said.

"Okay, we can work with that" Arina said stepping forward. "Good and I'll also like to meet the Queen" he said.

"I'm sure that can be arranged" I said looking at Arina and she nodded. "Glad we could come to an agreement" Arina said. "Let's just hope, you don't make me regret it" nick said and we left.

"Now that our job here's done. We leave for the Vampire Empire tommorow" I said to Arina and she said "Let's do that". After that we returned to our rooms.

Next day,

I was changing clothes in my room. When suddenly someone opened the door of my room.

I looked at the person and it was Hayley. "Sorry, I didn't know you were changing clothes" she said turning around.

"It's okay. Why..." Before I could complete she turned around and started walking towards me.

"What are you doing?" I asked. And she grabbed my arm. Looking at the mark and gasped "You're a huntress!" Hayley exclaimed.