Part-13

Chapter 13

Flashback

I was strolling through the forest when I saw someone running after a deer. It was a girl. Don't know why but I started to follow her. She kept running after the deer. 

'Looks like she's trying to hunt for food' I thought. So, I ran and killed the deer with a jerk on it's neck and held it out for her. She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows "why did you kill it?" She asked angrily.

"I thought you were trying to hunt for food so, I…" She interrupted me and said "So, you decided to play the hero" she looked at the deer and mumbled "I've to find another one now" 

"I apologize for interruption, but even if you wanted to kill it yourself you should take it. It can take hours to find another one and then hunt it" I said.

"Who said I was trying to kill it?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. "Then why were you running after it?" I asked surprised.

"I was trying to match it's pace" she said leaving me astunned. "But why would you do that?" I asked.

"You should drink it's blood, now that you've killed it" she said and I raised an eyebrow. 

"I know you're a vampire so drink it's blood and I'll take it's meat" she said. "How…" 

Before I could say anything else she brought the neck of the deer to my lips and said "Hurry drink the blood or it will get spoiled we can talk later" she said smirking.

I nodded and drank the blood. It was not the most delicious thing I've ever had but it was something. After I finished drinking she gave me a tissue to clean my mouth. 

I took the tissue and she lift the deer on her shoulders. "I can carry it for you" I said offering.

"No, I can handle it" she said and started to walk. I watched her walk away then all of a sudden she stopped and said "Are you coming or not?" 

I smiled and sped after her. We reached a wooden cabin and we went in. 

"You can sit wherever you want" she said putting the deer down and walked into a room. She came back with some knives and started to cut the meat of the deer.

"Aren't you worried that I'll kill you?" I asked. She chuckled and said "You wouldn't have tried to help me if you wanted to kill me" 

"Well that's true. But Why were you trying to outrun the deer?" I asked the question that was bothering me. 

"Because I'm trying to train myself" she said. "For what?" I asked and she said "For killing Vampires"

"Sounds fair" I said and she chuckled putting the pieces of meat around the fire.

"Why did you tried to help me?" She asked. "I don't know. Just saw you running after the deer and did what my heart said" 

She nodded "What's your name?". "Luke and yours?" I asked. "Solenne" she replied. "Nice meeting you solenne" I said holding my hand out for a shake. She took it and said "Nice to meet you too" 

End of Flashback

"After that I started to visit her she told me about her family and how she wanted to kill the Vampire Queen and…" I interrupted him.

"And you helped her train" I said through gritted teeth. "Yeah, I did". "You know I can kill you for this as it is an act of treason" I said grabbing his neck.

"You can. But I know you won't" he said."Do you have any idea how many times she tried to kill me?" I said angrily my fangs extended and my eyes red.

"I know but here you are. She didn't kill you" he said smiling.
"I knew she'll never be able to, as she's a human her strength will never be able to match the power of Vampire Queen" he added.

"You knew she's a huntress. And yet you let her come to kill me" I hissed in absolute rage. "She's a huntress? I didn't know that. I apologize for putting your life at risk" he said looking at me. I knew he was telling the truth. 

My siblings can never betray me. No, matter how much they're angry at me. I sighed and let go of him.

"What are you going to do with her?" He asked. "Like I said, I'm going to use her to deal with rebellion" I said.

He nodded. "Once again, I apologize for putting your life in danger. I never thought that Solenne could decieve me" 

"She didn't decieve you" I said and he looked at me. "She doesn't know she's a huntress" I said and his brows furrowed.

"And I would like to keep it that way" I added. He nodded and walked out of the room