Memories.

"It's crazy how we visited half of the city in less than a week." I said with an exhausted tone.
"Just a way of making memories, right?" Stella asked with a giggle.

"For what?" I asked.

"To look at in the future. You never know what might happen." She replied.

"I took some great pictures when we got to the museum. Want to see?" I asked while bringing out my phone.

"Mom, can I have juice boxes for me and Brittany?" Brynn asked interrupting us.
"Sure honey." Stella replied with a sweet smile.

My phone buzzed on my palm. It was a message from Ace.

"Come up to my room, quick."

Ace and Rowan sat on chairs that circled together. "Took you long enough." Rowan said in a sassy tone.

"What's this about?" I asked.

"How are we going to pay Rico?" Ace asked.
"You're asking me? I wasn't the one that stole from some sort of gang leader." I sarcastically asked and sat on one of the empty chairs.

"This is serious Dar..." He said helplessly.

"We have only a week and we have made nothing. At least nothing that's close to half a million dollars." I reminded him.

We had to face it, no matter how we tried there wasn't any way that we could make that kind of money under a few days.

"I have four hundred from renting off my games." Rowan indicated.

"That's great!" His statement gave Ace a little hope. "What about you, got anything?" I asked to Ace.

He handed me a small bag that he pulled out from under his chair.
"That's the money... that I stole."

"The cause of this shit." I muttered.

"Any more apart from this?" I asked.
"I have fifty bucks." He said and lended me crumbled up notes.

"How much have you made?" Rowan asked me curiously.

I hadn't made anything yet but I couldn't tell them that.
"I haven't made a lot... when I go to my room I'll add it with the rest." I said trying to convince them.

"We have to get at least half of the money, no one knows what Rico would do if we don't pay up." I continued.

I was furious at Ace for putting us in this situation but there was nothing left for us to do than to work together.
It's almost like what we said when we were younger 'Grow together. Die together.'

***
The next day had begun. I prepared for school and did all the necessities before taking off with Rowan.

"Did you get a part time job?" He asked.
"Yeah. Got one a few weeks ago."

"What the job?" He questioned.
"There's this old lady a few blocks away, I take care of her cats." I replied.

"Good thing you like cats then." He stated.

I had hardly gone to the lady's house for a while now and I hoped she would still be needing my assistance.
———————-

School was quite boring.

Beth wasn't present today in class because she was caught up with some things at home and luckily Chloe wasn't in school too.

So Immediately after school I strolled up to the lady's house.

"Hi." I said standing outside her window.
"Hello dear,Come in." She responded with a genuine smile.

"I was expecting you last week." She continued with a dull expression.
"I'm sorry...I was very busy, but I'm here now." I mentioned and her face lit back up as usual.