Mission.

The next day came in a flash.

I couldn't even get sleep at all the past few hours because my mind kept drifting back to Rico and how he made my entire body sore.

A knock came from the door.

I let out a sharp groan before adjusting myself and going up to the door.
"Mr Rodriguez asked if you could come for breakfast, downstairs."

It wasn't Carlos this time. It was another of Rico's guards.

"Where's Carlos?" I anxiously questioned.
"He was sent home last night." The guard responded.

"Oh okay." I said and immediately he left the room

Why would Rico do such a thing?

I hurriedly took a shower and threw on a black plain dress.
Wrapping my hair in a bun, I quickly left the room.

I was ready to argue with Rico.
It was one thing for him to not allow Carlos and I to meet, but it was another sending him back home.

He didn't even do anything and was cut from his job.

It was all fucking ridiculous.

I was escorted by the guard to the large dining hall.

It had gold and white wall decors with black furnitures that were designed with a pinch of white.

People gathered around the place, dressed in fancy suits and the women in designer wears.

I was met with Frenaldo and Nicholas seated opposite Rico at the corner of the room.

"Glad to see you again darling, it's been a while." Frenaldo mentioned the moment I arrived.

"I missed you too." I said with a genuine smile.

"You look tired, did you have any trouble sleeping ?" Nicholas eagerly asked.

"Did anyone keep you up last night?" Rico questioned knowing fully well that he was the reason my mind kept racing the entire night.

I glanced at him and saw a noticeable grin on the side of his face.

"I didn't have any trouble sleeping Mr Nicholas... thank you for your concern." I managed to say with a smile and took the seat next to Rico.

The sound of clinging plates and some individuals having a chat took over the room.

Nicholas and Frenaldo were stuck having a discussion while Rico and I were silent the entire time.

"Why would you send Carlos back?" I broke the awkward silence between us with a whisper.

"I felt the need to." He words sounded like he was already sick of the conversation.

"If it's about what happened yesterday then I suggest you hire him back, because I don't want to be the reason why he lost his job... When obviously he didn't even do anything wrong." I sternly stated.

"I'm not hiring him back." His words firm.

"Do you always have to be this stubborn?" I questioned.