Special Occasion

Frenaldo and I got on the same car while Rico in another.

The few minutes I spent with him while driving felt like long anxious hours.

I wasn't ready about anything that was planned out but I didn't want to mess it up too.

We arrived in front of a tall fancy building, expensive cars parked at every corner.

Frenaldo came beside the car door and gently pulled it open, holding his hands forward and patiently waiting for mine.

Taking in a deep breath, I held his palm with mine and stepped down the car.

We walked a few steps forward but then he stopped his tracks and so did I.

"What's wrong?" I asked in almost a whisper.

He pulled out a tiny box out his pocket and in it was a small golden necklace.

"I forgot to give you earlier." He said and I looked at him baffled.

"What's it for? It is some sort of secret microphone necklace or something?" I asked in a low tone.

"No. I thought it would be a great addition to the dress." He chuckled out.

"Oh..."

I turned around slowly in-front of him and he gently moved my hair on my shoulder to place the necklace.

It looked extremely expensive and it seemed to be actual diamonds attached to it.

"It's gorgeous." I said and turned around to him.

Without noticing earlier, our bodies were inches away from each other as he looked down to me from his height.

My face got flushed as I took a few steps back.

The grin on his face showed that he knew exactly how he made me feel.

He slowly took a hold of my fingers with his.
"We should get going." He calmly said.

The second we stepped in, everyone's attention was set to us.
Frenaldo's arm quickly moved from my hand to my waist holding it firmly.

"Mr Frenaldo, what a lovely surprise!" An middle aged man spoke with an accent

"You didn't think I would come Christopher?" Frenaldo responded with a genuine smile.

"Seems like you have your hands full already." The elderly man said in a calm tone.

"My apologies, this is Isabella." Frenaldo introduced

I turned over to him with a stern face but he didn't look toward me so I shot the man a smile and said
"A pleasure to meet you Mr Christopher."

"A pleasure to meet you too." He said and went back, getting lost within the crowd.

"He seems nice.." I muttered to Frenaldo.

My mind drifted to the man seated at the bar with a lady beside him.
It was the same man from the picture Rico showed earlier.

It seemed like Frenaldo also had his eye on the look out for him when he said to me
"Nick's at the bar. Rico discussed everything with you, right?" I hummed as a reply.

Strutting my way to the his position, I sat beside him at the right and I could already fill his eyes examining me.

"Just a glass of water." I casually ordered.