Stella.

The hours that went by felt like days as I waited restlessly for a feedback about Stella.

Every time a nurse would step out of the room and I asked about her, they all gave back the same reply which was 'We're still operating, I can't say for now.'

It felt like a continuous anthem and all I wanted to know was if she was going to be fine.
I asked again to a nurse who came out the room hoping for her reply to be different from the others and thankfully it was.

"The doctor would soon be able to speak with you."

Several doctors and nurses came out of the room at once, letting me know that the operation was finally over.
"Is anyone here for Mrs Hills?" One of them asked.

"I'm am." I rushed over to him keeping my hopes up.

"Is she okay? Please doctor tell me she's okay." I asked the old aged man in front of me.

"Your mothers case is a severe one, she had many cuts and bruises around her body and also lost a lot of blood." He stated.

"Is she okay doctor?" I was eager for him to go straight to the point and not around it.

"We all tried our best but your mother didn't make it."

The words that came out of his mouth stabbed my chest. I was devastated.
"T-Thank you for trying your best Doctor." I managed to say.

Stella was about to be taken out the room by a group of nurses but I rushed in.
"Stella please tell me this is just one of my bad dreams, wake up and say this is a prank. Please!" I laid my head on her lifeless cold skin.

"Stella please wake up, please Stella." I broke down crying on the white sheets that covered her body.

"Excuse me, miss. We would like to take Mrs hills out of the room." One of the nurses tapped on my shoulder.

I eventually stood up and cleaned most of my tears but that didn't stop more from dropping out. They covered her face up with the silk sheets that laid on her skin and gently took her out the door.

I walked to the reception where Rowan and Ace waited. They both rushed over the second they saw me coming.

"How's she?" Ace asked

"Can we go see her now?" Rowan joined in.

I didn't know how I would be able to tell them, but I had to say it eventually

"She didn't make it. Stella's dead" Their expression changed from one of curiosity to sorrow and confusion.

"Stella's dead? No she can't be dead, my mother isn't dead, she can't be!" Rowan said almost as if he was about going insane.

"Stella, Stella?" He yelled through the quiet halls, waiting for a reply.

"There's no use Rowan." I hugged him tightly as he soaked my shoulder in tears.

"Let's pick up the kids from school." I pulled away gently from his hold.

***

"Hi miss Lucy." I said trying to wear on a smile. "Your late again Dar!" The twins said angrily with their squeaky voices .

"I wouldn't happen again I promise." I pulled out my pinky for a pinky promise.

"Is everything alright Darcy dear?" Miss lu asked, obviously she could sense something off with my mood.

"No nothing is wrong, I'm just tired... been a busy day." I tried to put on a more genuine smile.
Her eyes wondered through mine and her mind was surely still bothered.