Insane.

The scene was crowded with police and paramedics. The building being searched and Diego their major focus.

"What the hell happened?" Micheal questioned me while I kept a exhausted expression. I refuse to explain to him for the fourth time about what had occurred.

"So you mean Rico Rodriguez just popped out of nowhere and his buddy shot Diego." He sassily interpreted and I slowly nodded, not sure if I should accept what he said, which was slightly different from my explanation. 

"Diego's gun couldn't be found."
"Rico took it." I informed and it made him scoff.

"Sure, Rico took it." He sarcastically stated and I darted my eyes at him, not sure what his problem was.
"There's something about you Miss Hills and I'm not going to rest till I find out." His voice sounded once more and at this point I got irritated.

"You think I did that to Diego?" My question was eager for a reply which it never got.
"Get whatever you need, you're going with me." I let out a confused hum at his statement and he explained that now Diego isn't in fit condition I would have to stay under his supervision henceforth.

I had to follow what he thought was right because if I didn't I would be seen as a bigger suspect in this case, which I still don't understand why.

It was quite the journey from Diego's place where I could pack my things to Micheal's.
His house was classier than expected. Bigger.

"Stay in here till I say so. If you need anything, call out." He ordered and slammed the door behind him.
I did as he said. I was kept in this plain white room, starring at the ceiling till I felt my head starting to spin.

The amount of times I've been wanting to call but didn't want to feel like a pest was numerous. I was starving and bored. It should be about five hours since I last saw him.
I couldn't take it any longer.

"Micheal...?" I called out right after creaking the door open but not to my surprise I was left unanswered.
This continued for a good number of minutes till I got frustrated and walked out the room.

"Micheal?" I called towards footsteps heard from a distance.
"I called for you but you didn't respond and that's why I came out." He didn't say a word but his steps just got closer each second.

My patience ran low. I showed myself to the sound of the footsteps and as soon as I saw who it was I rushed on to the kitchen and threw open all the cupboards in search of a knife. The entire place was a mess by the time I could find one at the top shelf.

I couldn't stay still. My entire body kept shivering. I would be lying to myself if I said I wasn't scared for my life at the moment.
The tip of the knife pointed his way as he stepped in and I buried my figure at the edge of the room.

"Hey princess." Rico's innocent tone filled the room but I was sure his intentions were a striking opposite.

My head intensively shook as he stepped closer. "Move an inch more and I promise to stab you right on your neck."
"We both know you can't." His confidence almost made me chuckle.

I can and I goddamn will.

"Where's Micheal?" My question plastered a puzzled expression on his face.
"Who the hell is Micheal?"
He must've not been at home.

"What are you doing here? How did you find me? Why do you..." He didn't let me complete my questions before interrupting.
"Let's go."
With my facial expression he should know how I felt by his statement. Confused and disgusted.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. You're insane Rico-" "I'm not. I'm in love."
His statement caught me off guard. I got more furious by his presence now.