Soft.

Several taps were laid on my skin before I heard Ace's voice.
"Get up!"

"Whats the time?" I asked with a still sleepy voice.

"You over slept, It's past seven." I groaned at his reply.

School started in a few minutes and I knew I wouldn't make it on time even if I tried.

"I'm going to drop off the kids. " He continued.

It took a couple more minutes before I was able to gather up enough energy to get up and a few more, to choose between if I should stay in or leave for school.

——————-

"Sorry I'm late Mr Henry." I said after barging into the classroom.

"Take your seat Miss Hills."

The whole classes attention was on me as I walked to my table.

"I thought you weren't going to make it." Beth whispered to me.
"I thought so too." I said with a tired sigh.

                                        ***

The final bell went off and people flooded around the halls.

"You know that Chloe's back in town, right?" Beth said to me with an amused tone.
"What does she have to do with me?" I asked unbothered.

Unexpectedly I got dragged on from the backpack dangling on my shoulder.

"You ruined everything!" Chloe said almost in the verge of crying.

"You and that bitch over there." She gave Beth an angry gaze.

"Me? What the hell did I do?" Beth snapped back. 

"Zane broke up with me because he said something about finding you attractive." Chloe whined.

Not a change of expression showed on Beth's face at her response.

"He finds me attractive?" She asked unimpressed

"I know he just fells Pity for you, just look at you. He would be crawling back to me once he knows how disgusting you actually are..."

"Don't speak about Elizabeth like that." I interrupted Chloe's chattering.

"Oh, you think I'm afraid of you?" She took steps closer to me, crossing her boundaries but I still kept my ground and tried not to be intimidated by her.

"... I'm not. And if you think you could call your sexy male friend to embarrass me again then you have the wrong idea." Her hot breath hit my face.

It took a few seconds to understand the person she was talking about was Rico.

I chuckle at her statement and replied.
"My 'sexy male friend' would gladly humiliate you again..."

Her eyes slightly widened probably at the thought of being mortified.

"...But next time this happens again, I'll make sure I'm the one who would make you regret it and not him."
I slightly shoved her out of the way and squeezed myself out of the crowd that surrounded us.

"That bitch loves to create a scene." I rolled my eyes at Beth who rushed over to me.
"I know right..." she responded out of breath.

"Hey, Elizabeth!" A voice yelled behind us.

"Fuck..." Beth responded under her breath when we turned to over.