Inner peace.

We managed to get there with some money Tasha handed to us.
The place was in the middle of nowhere. The large mansion covered with tress and grasses, making it hardly noticeable that a house was in there at all.

"It's Pedro... Pedro Laurier." He mentioned to the speaker and the doors flew open in an instant.

"Pedro, Pedro. How nice it is to meet you again." An old looking man cane up to him, wanting to give him a hug but resisted at how injured and unkept Pedro looked.

"What's all this?" He questioned, glancing at everyone of us.

"Got into some shit, came to know if you could help us in a way or two." Pedro replied and the man nodded skeptically.

"Giovanni!" The man called out. 
"Padre?" A voice replied in an instant. (Father?)

"Show each and everyone their rooms and call a doctor for Pedro and his son." The man ordered and the boy nodded.
He looked in his early twenties, his light skin matched perfectly with his dark hair.

My eyes couldn't resist his green pair, glowing mindlessly from the small light in the room.

He made a gesture that we follow his lead, which we all respected, slowly walking behind him.
It didn't take a while before everyone were assigned rooms, leaving me with him.

"Yours is over here... right after mine." He stated, followed by a grin and I did the same.

"Giovanni." He mentioned with his hand raised, right before I could get in my assigned room.

"Isabella..."
His face got puzzled from my statement. "You're not from here?" He questioned.

"No... actually it's a long story." I replied and his smile just got larger.

"I do like stories." He mentioned making me smile. "You can tell me all about it when I get back." He said and left.

————-
"...Then Pedro took us here." I concluded the summary I blabbed to him. 

"That's quite a story." He stated. "You lost both your parents in less than a year... are you alright?" He genuinely asked and I replied with a slight chuckle.

"It was tough at first but I gradually got used to it. It's a time in life which eventually comes, and I can't possibly pause time, can I?" I uttered.

"My mom died last year- heart attack. It was at my birthday party, I just turned twenty. I didn't know if I should be glad or sad." He said, obviously hurt but putting the emotions behind a smile.

"I hated myself... for some reason I continuously felt like I was the reason for her death." He continued, ending with a sharp sigh.

"This necklace, she always wore the other half. It's practically the only thing giving me inner peace."
My eyes darted to the sliver half-heart necklace laying on his chest.

"You don't have to feel bad. Everyone dies at some point and you certainly can't blame yourself. It was just their time." I informed. "It just fucking hurts, knowing you can't see them again." He mentioned.

"They would always be with you. Guarding you, guiding you..." I reassured but he cut in; "I would hate for you to die. Rico, isn't it?... I would hate for him to end your life."

"I hope you don't die too." I uttered with a smile.
He just stared, admiring my features and I got to do the same.
Capturing every little detail of him.

"I want to keep you safe." He muttered, breaking the little space we once had.
His hands slid on my waist and his other on my neck.

His lips came in contact with mine and I immediately felt my pain fly away. My heart stopped feeling heavy and my brain above the clouds.