Smash the Mirror - Part Two {1}

Third Person POV

Neck aching after being left unconscious in a crashed car for the Gods know how long, Emma groaned as she rubbed at the ache before sitting up and looking around her surroundings in confusion, trying to piece together exactly what had happened a few hours before.

Scampering out from her crashed car, Emma looked around, trying to remember where she was and why she was here. The only thing around her was hundreds and hundreds of trees. Literally, no wildlife was present to run in front of her in the road again. Thank God for that. Taking a moment to collect her thoughts, Emma held her head in her hands and shut her eyes.

But then the feeling of a presence grabbed Emma's attention though she couldn't quite figure out where such presence was. Well, that was until the person spoke.

"Emma," the Snow Queen said, making Emma quickly turn to look at her.

"Stay back," Emma warned her as her hands let off a small spark.

"Wherever you're headed, turn around and go home," the Snow Queen instructed her, hoping that for once Emma wouldn't be so stubborn as to not listen to her advice. "You are in great danger."

"I'm not gonna listen to you about danger. Get out of my way," Emma retorted. As if she was going to trust the person that had caused her to lose control in the first place.

"My sweet girl, I am not the one that you should fear, Rumplestiltskin is," the Snow Queen said. "Whatever he's promised you, it's a lie."

"How do you know he promised me anything?" Emma countered.

"So I was right," the Snow Queen sighed. "You mustn't trust him, Emma. He doesn't do anything unless it benefits him. He doesn't care about you. He would kill you to get what he desires. Ask Amie and she'll tell you that I am right."

"Ask Amie?" Emma repeated. "What the hell happened between the two of you? You constantly bring her up and whenever you were mentioned in front of Amie she would get nervous."

"That's not important—"

"You want me to trust you, you can tell me something as simple as this. Why do you hate Tasha? Something must've happened," Emma insisted, her curiosity getting the better of her. She had the opportunity to get some information here that she knew would be near impossible to get from Tasha herself.

The Snow Queen seemed to stop for a moment as though thinking through the pros and the cons of answering Emma's question.

"Things aren't that simple to explain, Emma. I trusted her and she used me and then betrayed me. That's all you need to know," the Snow Queen answered, her face void of all emotion.

"That's not all," Emma shook her head.

"But it's all that matters," the Snow Queen countered.

Emma was silent for a moment as she stared at the woman in front of her before she realised exactly why neither woman was very keen on speaking of one another.

"She broke your heart, didn't she? You loved her," Emma realised, her eyes widening slightly.

"A mistake that I will be sure not to make again," the Snow Queen replied. "But my past with Amie has nothing to do with this. Because if you go to Rumplestiltskin, you'll never know the whole truth that you seem so desperate to know."

"You know what I think? The fact that you don't want me to go means something. It means I'm going," Emma informed her, determination in her voice.

"I won't let you," the Snow Queen vowed, taking a step closer to her.