Thirty Seven

| Ariana |

I woke up to see actual light for once, I jumped up at the shock of it and glanced around quickly. I noticed a normal, safe room; and when I saw Carson next to me I calmed down.

"What happened? Everything alright?" Carson asked, waking up quickly.

"Yeah sorry for waking you, I just forgot I wasn't in the cell anymore" I explained.

His hand clenched the blanket for a moment when I said 'cell' but unclenched just as quick.

"Don't be sorry" He said.

I smiled and tossed the blanket off me as I walked to the bathroom. My hair was a mess and I looked like hell with bruises on my cheek. I made sure the door was locked before slipped the sweater over my head. I cringed at the bruises and cuts that covered my body. No one knew exactly how rough they were and no one's going to know.

I washed my face and brushed out my hair before slipping the sweater back on and walking back into the bedroom. Carson was up and at his closet so I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"There you are, get ready I'm taking you shopping" He said as he grabbed a shirt out of the closet.

"You don't have to" I said, shaking my head.

"Yes I do, you need regular clothes. We'll be staying in town, Tyler and Adam will meet us there tomorrow" He informed.

"Tomorrow?" I asked.

"They're gonna pack everything up and meet us but they wanted you as far from here as possible" He explained.

"Wouldn't town be the first place for him to look?" I asked.

"It's not the close town, it's about two hours away" He informed.

I nodded and he took a duffle bag from the top of his closet. I walked over to the bed and sat down as he tossed me the duffle bag. After taking a few clothes out of the closet he set them on the bed. I grabbed some and started to fold them before setting it in the bag. We did this until the bag was filled, he zipped it up after throwing a small leather wallet in the top of the bag.

"Ready?" He asked as he stood up.

I nodded and slipped the ruffle bag over my shoulder. Carson slipped his hand into mine before leading the way out of the room and into the living room. Tyler and Adam walked into the room soon after and I left Carson's side for Tyler's open arms.

"Take care of her" Tyler said as his chin rested on top of my head.

"Always" Carson replied.

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks but I bit my lip to calm them down. Tyler kissed the top of my head before letting me go. I hugged Adam next, which was a quick hug, before going back to Carson's side.

"We'll see you tomorrow" Carson said as he slipped his arm around my waist.

"You got the directions?" Adam asked.

Carson nodded and Adam smiled.

"Drive safe" Tyler said with worry clouding his eyes.

"You too" I replied.

He nodded and Carson led the way to the front door. He opened it for me to walk through. Once we were on the other side of the door I waved to Tyler one last time before the door closed completely.

"We'll get some food in town here before getting on the highway" Carson said as he walked towards a red Honda.

"Sounds good" I nodded as I followed him to the car.

He opened the passengers side door for me and I pecked him on the cheek before sitting in the seat. Once the door was closed he got in the driver's seat and started up the engine. I tossed the duffle bag in the back seat as Carson backed out of the dirt driveway.

"Dunkin Donuts or McDonald's?" Carson asked as he pulled on to the road.

"Dunkin" I replied with a bright smile on my face.

I haven't had Dunkin Donuts since James died, it was one of his favorite places to go for breakfast on LTM days. Going there is a sign that my life is finally getting back on track. Maybe everything can be somewhat normal?

| a/n |

Yeah, sorry for the lame and short chapter! I promise the next one will be better. Hope you still like it!

I cannot believe how big this book has gotten!!! You penguins are amazing!

Next chapter coming soon my penguin army 🐧💙