Ten

It's 4am and I still can't sleep. This time it's not my insomnia though, it's my thoughts. Tyler can't be M! He can't be! I won't believe it! Tyler's my best friend, someone must have followed us up here. All I know is that I want to know who this fucking M is! Why can't he just say who he is?! I shook the thoughts out of my head and tossed the blanket off me. I stood up and walked to the kitchen. Might as well do something.

I grabbed a bag of Lays before sitting in the living room and turning on the PS2. Yeah it's old but it's amazing! I decided to play Kingdom Hearts since its been so long. As I got through a little of the game I felt my phone vibrate and I froze. What else does he want from me!?

Gorgeous and good taste in games!? Can you get any better babe? ;)

- M

A tear slipped from my eye as I read this. I just want to be free from this ass hole!

"Leave me alone!" I screamed and threw my phone at the wall.

It was shattered no doubt but I don't care anymore.

"Ari what's wrong?!" James shouted running into the room.

"What? Nothing, sorry, these damn heartless keep hitting me" I lied, turning my attention back to the game.

"You're playing without me?" He asked.

"You were asleep" I said.

"Not anymore, lets play Star Wars" He said excitedly.

"You're on" I grinned switching the games.

I tossed him a remote and we jumped on the couch as the game started up. We played till about 5am.

"We should get to the beach so we can get the good waves" James said pausing the game.

"Let's go" I shrugged standing.

We sprinted to our rooms and changed into our bathing suits before grabbing our boards and rushing out to the beach.

"Shit I forgot the towels" James cursed.

"I got it, watch my board" I said before running up to the patio.

My eyes never left the beach, but as soon as I stepped on the patio a gun shot rang through the beach.

"James!" I screamed.

He fell to the ground face down and I slid to my knees at his side. I flipped him over to see a bullet hole in his fore head. A perfect shot. Sniper. I glanced around as I dialed 911 and just bawled. It took only a few minutes for the ambulance to get here but I already knew James was dead. I've lost everyone at the hands of M. He's gotten what he wants.

The ambulance announced James dead at 6:13am and that was the death of me. I collected my things and just walked into the arms of Tyler.

"I'm so sorry Ari" He said hugging me tight.

"Why me? What did I ever do to deserve this?" I asked rhetorically.

"Nothing, you don't deserve this, but yours under my protection now" He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Whoever killed your family may be coming after you next and I'm not losing you Ariana" He said.

"Thanks Ty" I said.

"Let's get you home, you'll stay with me" He said taking my bags from me.

I nodded and he carried my stuff to the car.

"Wait!" I shouted.

"What?" He asked.

"I forgot something" I said before running back into the house.

I grabbed James' hoodie from his room before walking towards the door. I noticed a piece of paper on the counter as I walked through the kitchen. I shakily grabbed it and un folded it.

No one else can come between us, he's not going to always be there to protect you either

- M

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

a/n

Holy shit!!! 434 reads!!!! I can't believe how this book is turning out.

Sorry about the holding for it. I ran out of ideas. Sorry if this chapter sucked. This book is getting hard to write!

But actions coming up real soon and you can rule out one suspect, or can you? DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and if I don't post by then Happy New Year

🎆🎄🎇🎁🎆🎉🎇🎈🎆🎅🎇🎊🎆