Thirty Nine

"Explain" Carson growled, breaking the silence.

"Ari I never wanted to hurt you, I promise you that" She said, her eyes pleading for me to believe her but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Explain" I said coldly.

"He killed my mother, he said he'd kill everyone close to me if I didn't join him" She explained.

I stayed silent.

"We have been going through some hard times and after my mom died I was thrown into this world of his without another option, I can't risk people's lives wondering if he's serious or not" She said.

"He is" I said, not able to look at her face.

"I know that now, but he forced me to help him remake a home and then go back into you and Tyler's lives. I just thought he was going to let me go but he called me up after the first day and said I had to help him take you back. I didn't want to do it I promise but he has weight over me. He offered me my freedom for your captivity, how could I say no?" She said, as if I'd fall down and apologize.

"Easily! If it were me I would've never sold you out, I'd have given myself up before I would have ever let him take you! That's what best friends are supposed to do for each other!" I shouted as I stood to my feet.

"Ari please" She pleaded.

"No! Screw your please I'm done, I don't ever want to see you again and I don't care what else you have to say" I snapped.

"Just hear me out" She begged as she stood up too.

"No, get out" I said, looking back at my feet.

She didn't move and my hands clenched at my sides.

"Now!" I shouted.

She jumped and so did Carson, I've never yelled like that before but what am I supposed to do?

"Ariana" She begged.

"Goodbye Maria" I said before walking out of the kitchen.

I went up the stairs and straight to my bedroom. Who would've thought seeing the girl I once called my best friend would send me into a rage I've never felt before. All I know is that I hope she stays out of my life for good. Forever.

| Carson |

I just sat there, she's never snapped at someone the way she did to this Maria girl. All I know is that I want her out of this house, no one makes her that angry and stays.

"I think you should go" I said, trying to keep a calm facade on.

"Can you give her this? I wrote down my explanation because I knew she wouldn't listen" She said, holding out an envelope as a single tear slipped from her eye.

"She's a stubborn one isn't she?" She forced a chuckle as she wiped the tear from her cheek.

"It's time to go" I said, not wanting a conversation.

She nodded sadly and set down the envelope on the counter.

"Please make sure she reads it, it's important" She asked before walking towards the door.

I glanced at the envelope and it said "Ariana, I'm Sorry" on the front of it. Should I read it? I shouldn't right? Before I could do the wrong thing I walked away and made sure the front door was locked. Ariana still hasn't come back downstairs.

"Ari?" I asked as I walked up the stairs.

She didn't answer but I could hear her shaky breaths from down the hall, she was in her room.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I walked into her room.

She didn't answer but her face was buried in her hands. Stupid! What kind of question is are you okay when she's crying!

| Ariana |

"Are you okay?" Carson asked as I heard footsteps coming closer.

I wanted to say yes, I'm fine but I couldn't bring the words to my lips. I heard him sit in front of me and put his hands on mine in a caring way. He pulled them from my face and I kept my eyes away from his.

"Ari look at me" He pleaded.

I swallowed hard before lifting my gaze to his eyes. They went from caring to wounded in less than a moment. He looked away and blinked quickly before taking a deep breath and looking back at me.

"She's gone and I'm not letting anyone hurt you" He said as he looked into my eyes.

I believe him, but he can't control everything. I didn't want to bring anymore negativity into this situation so I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you" I said.

"Come on, let's get what we need before the stores close for the night" He said, standing up and holding out his hand.

I grabbed it and he pulled me to my feet. Instead of going to get ready I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Thank you Carson" I said.

He wrapped his around my waist and held me close to him.

"You're very welcome" He said softly.

I let go and he wiped the tears from my cheeks. I walked into the bathroom and fixed the small amount of makeup I had put on before walking back into the room.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready" I nodded.

He smiled and we walked out of the room, down the stairs, and out of the apartment. As we walked into the cool breeze he slipped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his side. I stayed close to him as he led the way towards the stores.

| a/n |

New chapter! And happy Wednesday! Wow this took forever and I just finished it yesterday! Writers block is awful.

Update:
The story will be ending soon and I WILL NOT BE MAKING A SEQUEL

I'm sorry i just never get around to making a sequel and they suck when I try. So I'll be ending the story all together but don't worry I throw in a few twists to end it with a bang!

Sticking with the once a week updates because of testing so next update coming in a week.

114k reads holy crap! I love my penguin army so much! 🐧💙