Forty Two

| Carson |

How did I end up here? Everything was finally getting better. I met someone to help me get over Ann, we escaped, we were gonna live together damnit! Now she's a murderer and she thinks I'm a rapist. People say there's always a silver lining, well where's mine?

"Another?" The bar tender asked as I finished my fifth beer.

I nodded and he popped the cap off before sliding it to me. I caught it in my palm and gulped about a quarter of it down before finally coming up for air.

"Hey baby, looks like you can use a distraction" A high pitched voice said.

Her voice rang through my head but I turned none the less. She had long hair and tan skin, low cut shirt and high waisted skirt.

"Don't" I said, slapping some bills down and walking past her.

"Hey!" She shouted, grabbing my hand.

"You're not leaving just yet" She said, stepping towards me.

"Stop" I said as I stepped back.

But she didn't stop, she stepped forward with every step I took back.

"Let's have a little fun" She said before shoving me back into a chair.

I landed with a plump and she sat straddled on my lap with her face inches from mine.

"See? I'm not that bad" She smirked, I could practically taste the alcohol on her breath.

Before I could say another word her lips were pressed to mine and her hands ran over my chest.

"What the hell!?" Someone shouted before she was ripped off me.

I can breath!

"What's wrong with you?!" I turned to be faced with a very angry Adam.

"What do you care?" I snapped back.

"I care about Ariana and you need to stop being such a dick!" He shouted.

"I'm being a dick? She's the one who won't even let me explain myself!" I shouted.

"Well how would you feel if you were told the same about her? Would you want to talk to her right after?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to say yes but closed it before a sound was made. Truth is, I wouldn't. I'm such an idiot.

"I need to see her, where is she?" I asked.

"Police station" Adam said, gesturing towards the two cops behind him.

"What? Why?" I asked quickly.

"Because she told them about Derrick" He said.

My face went white, she told them, no! What if they catch him? What if he tells them about Ann and they believe his side of the story and not mine? Oh shit.

"Come on" Adam said, grabbing my wrist.

He pulled me out of the bar and as we walked out I caught a glimpse of that crazy slut on some other dudes lap, at least it's not mine.

+ + +

"Ariana?" I asked as I walked into the little apartment.

Silence. Maybe she's just not back yet? I walked around my new home and tried to get a feel for it when I heard someone crying softly.

"Ari?" I asked softly as I leaned against the door.

She didn't respond but I just knew it was her, I've heard her cry before but at least then I knew I wasn't the reason.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"No!" She shouted quickly.

Something's off, she wouldn't have responded that quickly. I tried the door handle and it was locked, of course. But it's times like these when I owe my brother for being a rebel. I've been picking locks since I could walk. I pushed open the door and found Ariana curled in a ball, leaning against the wall with her back to me. She was still wearing my sweater.

"Ariana, what's up?" I asked as I walked towards her.

She didn't respond, just turned to face the wall when I walked around her. I could've sworn I saw blood on the floor. I must be paranoid. She would never. Would she?

| Adam |

"So that's everything?" The cop asked as I finished off my story.

"Yeah, I wasn't one of the victims but I knew three of them" I explained.

"Well thank you for your help and we will get justice for your friend" He said with a sad smile as he stood up.

Justice won't bring him back
I thought as I stood up too. I followed him out of the room and decided to go grab a bite. Carson is probably still with Ariana and I would rather not walk into that drama right now. When we were looking for Carson we drove past a little sandwich place that looked pretty good. I walked down the sidewalk and kicked a small rock down the pavement.

Why did I even agree to all this? I never thought it would be this much drama. As I turned the corner I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Someone's here but I can't figure out who exactly. It could be a lot of different people but there's only a handful that would make my heart rate speed up this much.

It's probably nothing, I'm probably just paranoid because of what's going on right now.

I told myself as I continued to walk down the semi crowded sidewalk. But when an arm wrapped around my waist and a circle was pressed against my spine I knew it wasn't just paranoia.

"Try anything and I'll shoot you right here" An all too familiar voice whispered in my ear.

I swallowed hard, just calm down Adam. The man led me off the sidewalk and into a park that looked as if it had been vacant for centuries. We walked for a good five minutes before he shoved me to the ground. I still didn't know who it was but when he kicked me in the stomach to flip me over I wished I hadn't seen his face.

"I'm sure you remember me, it'd be kind of hard not to I'm sure" He beamed.

"Who are you?" I asked just to spite him.

"Oh silly, I'm the man who shot your friend Tyler" Derrick grinned proudly as if it were an award instead of a felony.

"You sick bastard" I growled as I stood to my feet.

"Not so fast" He said, shoving me back to the ground.

"Where are they?" He asked.

"Who?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Cut the bullshit Adam, where's Ariana and Carson?" He asked, with anger in his voice.

"How should I know?" I shrugged.

"You should know because there's a gun to your head" He said, pressing the barrel to my forehead.

I swallowed hard but the thing is, I don't fear death. If I can save them then it's worth it.

"Still don't know, I'm sorry I don't track people" I shrugged.

Anger flashed over his eyes as he swung the gun and hit the side of my head with the handle of it. Blood flowed down the side of my face but I didn't change my mind. I'm not giving them up even if it takes my life.

"You think I won't pull the trigger huh smart ass?! You should know better than anyone that I will!" He shouted as he waved the gun around.

"Do it"

| a/n |

New chapter! It's a little longer! I'm trying to finish this book soon so watch out for new updates. Also once I finish it I will be posting an edited version chapter by chapter so if you see a * next to the chapter it has been updated.

The storyline will remain the same but it will just be better written and longer.