Fifteen

Two plates slipped through the door before it slammed shut again. The boy snatched his up before going back to his side of the room. We haven't talked since the whole family incident, not that I want to talk to him anyhow. I heard a plate slid across the floor just as a cold object hit my leg, the plate.

"You gotta eat" He said, not looking at me.

"I'm fine" I said, pushing it away.

"Eat for your best friend" He said, pushing it back at me.

"Why do you care? Mr. Know-It-All" I snapped.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said earlier, I shouldn't have assumed that but can't we just start over?" He pleaded.

"This place is so damn lonely and I can't be the only one who wants a friend in this hell" He said.

"No one wants someone else to protect" I muttered.

"Everyone needs a friend, even if we never see each other again" He said.

"Fine, we'll start over, but I'm not saying I'll put my ass on the line for you" I said sitting up.

"I'm not saying that either, Id just like someone to talk to so I can keep my sanity" He said.

"Okay" I shrugged.

"Okay, my names Carson by the way" He said.

"Ariana" I replied.

We talked for a while, just asking each other random questions. The basement door slammed shut and we both stiffened at the sound, that means Derrick is coming.

"Everyone line up now!" He screeched across the entire basement.

I scrambled to my feet, not so gracefully, and we ran out into the main area. Everyone else was standing there too, we were all just confused.

"Who's had contact with the outside?" He asked calmly, which only made him seem angrier.

Silence filled the room. Someone contacted help? Then where is it?

"Don't bull shit me because cops showed up to my door. I had to pull some serious tricks out to get them away so who's behind it?" He asked with his fists balled tightly.

"No one wants to come forward?" He asked.

Silence once again. He shrugged and walked towards me, of fucking course. I winced as he grabbed my hair and dragged me out to the middle of the room. Emily's eyes shot wide as he threw me to the ground.

"Someone better confess soon" He said.

I tried to understand everything but my thoughts halted when his hand slammed into my cheek. I screamed out in pain and let myself fall to the floor. He kicked me in the stomach and I groaned as a couple tears slipped out of the corner of my eye.

"Anyone?" He asked, no answer, why me?

He shrugged before kicking me again and again, I curled my legs over my stomach but the blows felt worse against my shins. Id rather break my leg than my ribs though.

"Stop!" Emily shouted out.

"It was me" She admitted.

"Come here" He growled, curling his finger for her to step forward.

She swallowed hard and did as instructed. He grabbed her by the neck and dragged her upstairs. All I wanted to do was help her but I couldn't even move.

"Rooms!" Derrick shouted before slamming the door shut.

A click told us it was locked and everyone ran to their rooms.

"Are you okay?" Carson asked, sliding down to his knees next to me.

"No" I croaked.

"Let's get you into the room" He said.

He tried to lift me and I cried out in pain as my pressure moved in my stomach. Carson ran his fingers through his hair as he stood up.

"Let's try this, bite your lip if this hurts, I'll try to be fast" He said, squatting down.

His arms went one under my knees and the other under my back. He lifted me up bridal style and I bit down hard on my lip. This hurt like hell but if he wasn't here to help, it'd hurt so much worse.

Note to self, kiss this boy!

He set me next to the wall in our room before closing the door and sitting next to me.

"Thanks" I said softly.

"No problem, I'll be right back" He said as he stood up.

I nodded and he left the room. I looked at my legs and they were cut, bruised, and bloody. I didn't dare to look at my stomach considering he kicked me with more force there. Carson came back with a first aid kit, how'd he even know where to find that? Not that I really care. He sat down next to me again and pulled out a few things.

"Squeeze my hand and keep quiet, this will sting like a bitch" He warned, grabbing my hand.

I was about to protest when he sprayed something on my legs. I squeezed his hand like hell and bit my lip with such force it bled.

"Sorry" He said, setting the spray down and grabbing a bandage.

Now that it was cleaned only my right leg was that bad. My right side automatically sort of covers my left. I can't explain why, it just does. He wrapped my right leg with a bandage before looking at my face. I had completely forgotten he hit me there.

"Ouch" He winced, rubbing his thumb over my sore cheek.

Honestly I'm so used to my face being hit it didn't even faze me, but I guess it looked bad. He handed me an ice pack thing before closing up the kit and shoving it off to the corner.

"You should try to get some sleep" He said, standing up.

I nodded and slowly laid down. I grabbed my iPod and put in one headphone while Arctic Monkeys played through them. I tried to sleep but I just felt to weak and helpless. What happened next what completely unlike me.

"Carson?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Can you um, lay with me?" I asked, embarrassed.

"Sure" He said.

I felt his skin touch mine as he laid next to me, I tried to roll over to face him and he stopped me.

"Don't hurt yourself" He said, pulling my back against his chest.

His arm went around my waist protectively and I handed him the other headphone. "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High" played and I heard him humming along. I smiled softly and closed my eyes. I guess he's right, we all need someone to be by our side. This night could've been so much worse if he hadn't been here. No one else even attempted to help.

~*~ a/n ~*~

So what do you think?? I can't believe how many reads this has! 1.21k!!!!! I have been working on this update for a while and it's finally done. It's hard to keep up wth you people but I love how you guys keep reading the book.

Goal is 2k by Valentine's Day, think we'll reach it?? I hope so! This is a huge goal, I know, but you guys are so amazing I think we'll reach it. Also you should reach my new book, Love Like War if your looking for a cute love story to read. Click the link below to find it!

http://w.tt/157ePHg

But yay! Longer chapters! Thanks my penguins! 🐧❤️