The Search for Victory

Y/n's POV

"I'm so glad you chose the air conditioning," I confess to Leo as the two of us were sitting on a bridge overlooking a river. We had just finished exploring a museum, and now we were waiting for Frank and Hazel to return. "I don't know if I'd be able to be out in this heat for too long."

"Well, I remembered how much you don't like the heat," Leo brought up. "So I figured we'd let Hazel and Frank do all of the outside searching."

"Thank you. You really are the best," I praise Leo and lean over to peck his cheek. In the process, my camp necklace came out from the top of my shirt, and the beads hit Leo softly in the shoulder.

"You've never told me about your beads," Leo mentioned and glanced at my necklace.

"You've never asked," I counter and rub my fingers over the beads. "I've got 9 of them. How crazy is that?"

"Honestly? It's insane," Leo commented. "You've got so many and I've got none."

"You'll get one soon. Promise," I pledge.

"So what do they mean?" Leo questioned.

"I don't want to bore you, so I'll just tell you about the most recent ones. This black one with the trident represents when Percy and I ventured into the darkness of the Underworld. This one shows the Golden Fleece being placed over Thalia's tree when it was poisoned. Then we've got the labyrinth, which is kind of self explanatory. And this last one of the Empire State Building is for the Battle on Manhattan. If you look close enough, you can see all of the initials of those we lost," I share with Leo. "So basically everything you know that I've been through."

"That fact that you've not only experienced all of that, but tons of other stuff as well before I even met you is crazy," Leo said. Just then, Hazel and Frank appeared at the end of the bridge, sweaty and a little out of breath.

"Guys!" Frank called out and waved us over. "You should see this." Hazel and Frank led us to a huge stretch of ruins that were about five or six football fields long. "I did a scan from above, but I didn't see anything suspicious."

"And Arion took me around the perimeter. There's nothing but tourists," Hazel added.

"So lets blunder around together and let trouble find us," Leo recommended. "It's always worked before." The four of us poked around for a while, and the oppressive heat just made things worse. The only interesting part was that I had read up on Olympia before we got here, so I could point out a lot of things to my friends.

"These ruins are called the Propylon. There's one of the main gates into Olympic valley, a temple of Hera, and the Philipeon, which was dedicated to Phillip of Macedonia," I list off. "Oh, and there's also a nymphaeum."

"How do you know all of that?" Hazel implored.

"I did a little light reading before we got here," I answer and gesture to another pile of stones. "And here we have the Pelopion. It's the burial site of Pelops. This whole part of Greece, the Peloponnese, was named after him. He was a prince who won his wife in a chariot race, and supposedly he started the Olympic games in honor of that."

"And what's this?" Frank quizzed and gestured to some steps leading to another ruined building.

"A temple of Zeus," I reply. "There used to be a huge gold-and-ivory statue of Zeus inside, and it was one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Made by the same dude who did the Athena Parthenos."

"Hey, Y/n, remember that statue of Nike in the museum?" Leo pushed. "The one that was all in pieces? Didn't it used to stand here at the Temple of Zeus?"