The Wolf House

Y/n's POV

Leo took over the pilot seat with Piper sitting co-pilot, leaving Jason and I to sit in the back. Jason decided it would be a good time to take a nap, and while he passed out, Piper and Leo started up a conversation. I just sat alone with my thoughts, which continued to wander over to Leo no matter how much I tired to make them not. Even though we've only known each other for a very short amount of time, I felt close to him, and it seemed like he'd end up being one of my closest friends. But part of me desperately wanted him to be more.

"You okay back there?" Leo asked, which broke me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I reply. "Just thinking. Nothing you need to worry about."

"You sure?" Leo quizzed.

I nodded. "Positive. Now please put all of your attention back on flying this thing." It only took another 20 minutes before we landed on the ground, but just as we did, a large dark shadow started barreling towards us from above.

"Get out of the helicopter!" Leo shouted. The four of us exited the vehicle just in time. The large object that had been launched at us was a giant snowball, and it crushed the helicopter seconds after we climbed out of it. I stood up and brushed the snow off of me just as Thalia approached us with her bow in hand.

"Come on," Thalia urged. "I'll show you to the goddess." She led us to the outside courtyard of the mansion, where a large, empty reflection pool was sitting. At the bottom of the pool were two large spires of rocks and roots that seemed to be covering a body. And at the other end of the pool was a much smaller set of spires, inside of which was Hera.

"Looks like you're in a little bit of trouble," Leo commented.

"Don't treat me like one of your machines, Valdez," Hera spit out. "Let me out of here."

"Maybe we should just leave her," I propose and cross my arms over my chest.

"When I get out of here, you'll be sorry, Y/n," Hera uttered as Thalia left to help her hunters.

"Oh save it," I counter. "A couple years ago, you voted to have me and some other demigods killed. All you've ever done is insert yourself into my life, and I've had enough of it. Once I'm done with this quest, I'm done doing you any more favors."

"I have an idea," Leo confessed. "Piper, I'm going to need your help. And we're also going to need some time." Suddenly, the air turned cold, and the temperature dropped drastically. I drew my sword just as storm spirits shaped like horses ran in with red eyed wolves and earthborn not too far behind them. One of the wolves dragged in a frozen statue of an archer with spiky black hair. Thalia.

"Alas son of Hephaestus, time is one tool you don't have," Khione announced and walked into the courtyard. It was then that Khione did the stupidest thing imaginable. She told us what she had done. She was the one who made us crash both times, and she was behind Aeolus deciding he wanted us dead. And all of it was for Gaea, Mother Earth.

I raised my hand at the end of Khione's spiel. "I have a question."

"Y/n!" Piper hissed. "This is not the time for questions."

"Go ahead, demigod," Khione instructed. "I'm going to let my minions kill you anyways."

"Why would you just tell us everything you've done, including the parts where you sort of betrayed the gods. That was kind of stupid," I remark.

"You dare call me stupid!" Khione seethed.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Jason whispered. As much as I wanted to lay out my genius plan to my friends, I couldn't. They would just have to watch it unfold. So, instead of answering Jason's question, I ignored him and stayed focused on the goddess in front of me.