Mother Earth

Y/n's POV

Getting slapped across the worlds was one of the worst feelings in the world. All of us, except for Jason and Leo, were huddled together below deck, a guide rope keeping us all together. It was attached to Jason, who had been tied to the mast, and when he tugged on it, it meant we all had to evacuate. The tug came quicker than I thought it would, and all of us stumbled out of the hatch and up onto the deck.

"Go!" Leo yelled. Frank changed form, and as a dragon, he grabbed a hold of Percy and Annabeth. Hazel then climbed onto his neck, and the four of them took off. Jason wrapped his arms around Piper and I, ready to take off, but I stopped him.

"Leo, come with us. Please," I plead. "What if you don't make it?"

"I'm gonna make it," Leo assured me. "I told you, I've got a plan. Now get out of here!" I took one last at the splintering ship, and my heart broke. The Argo II had been our home for months, and I loved it just as much as I loved Camp Half Blood. Just like this quest, it brought together eight demigods who would never have known each other otherwise. With that, Jason harnessed the winds, and the three of us shot into the sky, leaving Leo behind.

The ground wasn't much less chaotic. As we fell towards camp, I saw a vast army of monsters spread across the hills. There were two headed men, wild centaurs, ogres, and other creatures I couldn't make out. And they were all surrounding two tiny clumps of demigods. On Half Blood Hill, the Athena Parthenos glittered brilliantly, and it was also where the main presence of demigods were gathered.

"Hazel!" Jason yelled over the wind. "Those three cohorts are in trouble! If they don't merge with the rest of the demigods, they'll fall to the monsters."

"We're on it. Go, Frank!" Hazel urged. The closer we got to the ground, the more faces I could make out. And when I saw Nico di Angelo on the front lines with the Greeks, all of the worry in my body disappeared. I was glad that he was okay. Reyna was a few feet away from him atop a Pegasus, shouting orders and the nearby Romans. Jason landed on the hill, and all of us drew our weapons. However, before I started fighting, I ran over to Nico, who had just vaporized a two headed man, and hugged him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay," I mumble.

"Y/n, we're in the middle of a battle," Nico reminded me. "You couldn't have waited until after this to tell me?"

"No," I reply and pull away from him, giving him a small smile. "I really couldn't."

"You guys made good timing. Where's the ship?" Nico asked. Jason pointed up where the Argo II streaked across the sky in a ball of fire. I knew Leo was fireproof, but that inferno looked deadly. "Oh Gods. Is everyone okay?"

"Leo...." I trailed off as tears gathered in my eyes. "He said he had a plan."

"He'll be fine," Nico assured us. "But just in case, lets do this for him."

"For Leo," Jason agreed. Then, we charged into battle. The Greeks and Romans slowly pushed back the enemy, more and more of them disintegrating into dust. But more creatures just kept appearing. Karpoi grain spirits swirled out of the grass, and ghosts with earthen shells formed out of the ground. As we were fighting, Will approached us, and when he saw me, he hugged me quickly.

"Hey," Will greeted me. "I'm so glad you're back. And you're alive. That's always good."

"Oh shut up," I say and push him away playfully. "What's up?"

"I need Nico's help," Will claimed and turned to the son of Hades. "Nico, could you come with me?"

Nico nodded. "Of course. I'll catch up with you guys later."