Seeking Answers

Y/n's POV

When I opened my eyes, Jason was on the floor steaming. Piper was already by his side shaking him, and I dropped next to him as well. It didn't look like he was breathing, but I was too scared to check for a pulse. Jason Grace couldn't be dead.

"No no no," I mutter as tears brimmed my eyes. "You can't be dead. Not after everything that's happened. Come on. Wake up, Jason. Wake up." 

"I warned him," Hera spoke. 

"He could be dead!" I shout and stand up before turning to face her. "I've already lost my brother. I'm not gonna lose him too. Fix him." 

"You're such an ungrateful child," Hera spit at me. "I should've killed you when I had the chance." 

"You know why you're my least favorite god? Because all you do is sit around and cause trouble," I seethe. 

"I'll turn you into and aardvark if you don't-" 

Piper cut Hera off. "He's breathing!" Jason groaned and sat up, and once he was on his feet, I was pulling him into my arms.

"Thank the gods you're alive," I murmur. As Thalia said her goodbyes and left with her hunters, the four of us, plus Hera, remained.

"Jason, what happened to you here?" Piper asked. "I know your mom abandoned you here, but you said it was sacred ground for demigods. Why? What happened after you were on your own?" 

"He was given a destiny," Hera answered. "He was given into my service. And I didn't do it for the reasons you think. You had to be separated from Thalia. This is where all demigods of your kind start their journey." 

Piper frowned. "Of his kind?" 

"She means Roman," Jason clarified. "Demigods are left here. We meet the she-wolf goddess, Lupa, the same immortal wolf that raised Romulus and Remus. And if you are strong enough, you live." 

"But what happened after that?" Leo questioned. "Jason never made it to Camp."

"Not to Camp Half-Blood, no," Hera agreed.

"You went somewhere else. That's where you've been all these years. Somewhere else for demigods," Piper realized. "But where?"

Jason turned to Hera. "The memories are coming back, but not the location. You're not going to tell me, are you?"

"Not you. But to Y/n, I shall," Hera claimed. For a moment, I spaced out. All I could see was a service tunnel, but the highway sign near it was clear. The camp for the children of Roman gods was in San Francisco. As I came back to reality, Hera waved at us. "Farewell demigods. For now."

My world then turned upside down, and everything went black. When I could see again, we were back at camp standing on top of the Aphrodite table in the dining hall. All of the campers were gawking at us, there food sitting untouched on their plates. My stomach turned heavily, but I managed to keep myself under control. Leo, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky. He ran over to the nearest brazier and threw up in it.

Piper waved. "Hey. We're back." 

Immediately, Chiron called for a counselor's meeting, and even though I was exhausted, I knew it was important. The meeting was held in the same spot as always, the game room, and all of the counselors, plus me, Jason, Piper, and Leo were gathered around the ping pong table. First we shared our story, all of us taking turns and adding in details where we thought they were needed, and Jason finished it off.

"Y/n's part of the prophecy was actually quite cool to see," Jason confessed. 

I smiled. "Really?"

Jason nodded. "Yeah. Back at the wolf house, you found your worth. You stood up to Khione and told her that you aren't stupid like people always think you are. And you embraced your true self when we fought against Porphyrion. Plus, you know where Percy is, right?"