The Hunters of Artemis

Y/n's POV

"Wolves," Piper gathered. "They sound close." 

"Too close," I mutter and stand up, readying my sword, Jason not too far behind me. Slowly, red eyes appeared at the entrance to the cave, and the wolves edged into the firelight, with the wolf in the front of the pack was almost as tall as a horse. Once the wolves had entered the cave, they parted to let a man through. He had a crown made of bones sitting atop his head and a smirk present on his face.

"So it's true. A child of Aphrodite, a son of Hephaestus, a daughter of Poseidon, a faun, and a child of Rome, a son of Jupiter no less," the man listed off. "All together without killing each other. How interesting. My name is Lycaon. I am the king of the wolves. And my pack is hungry."

"Yeah? I bet there's plenty of creatures outside you and your pack can eat," I spit out. "You're not welcome here. I know your story and what you did. You invited Zeus to dinner, and when you weren't sure if it was Zeus, you fed him human flesh." 

"Zeus was outraged and killed my sons," Lycaon finished his story. "But that story does not matter. I am here for one reason, and one reason only. I require the son of Jupiter and the daughter of Poseidon. I have no use for the rest of you, so you're better off dead."

"Well you're not killing anyone. Not without getting through me," Jason spoke and slashed at Lycaon with his sword. The blade, however, went right through him and didn't inflict any harm. Leo spilled a clear liquid onto the cave floor, and when it was hit with a bolt of fire, flames erupted upwards and separated us from the wolves. Jason readied his sword for another strike, but I grabbed his arm and stopped him. He looked like he was prepared to jump over the fire and fight. 

"Jason, stop. He can only be killed with silver," I disclose to my friend. 

All of the sudden, a ripping sound pierced the air, and a long shaft sprouted from the neck of the nearest wolf. Upon contact with the arrow, the wolf fell to the ground and melted into a puddle of shadow. More arrows were launched into the cave, killing off the wolves in front of us, but I couldn't see where they were coming from. Lycaon caught the arrow heading straight for his head, but yelped in pain and dropped it, revealing a smoking gash on his hand. With that, Lycaon took his wolves and vanished through the mouth of the cave. Once Lycaon's pack disappeared, more wolves arrived, but I recognized these ones, having seen them many times before. It wasn't long before a troop of hunters entered after them, all carrying bows and quivers on there back.

"Ugh," the girl at the front groaned. "We were so close. Phoebe stay with me. The rest off you follow Lycaon. I'll catch up with you." The girl turned towards off after giving off orders, but even with the hood covering her face, I knew who the hunter was.

"Thalia!" I shout and run forwards, pulling her in for a hug. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too," Thalia returned and hugged me back tightly.

"Wait a second," Jason interrupted. "You're Thalia? I'm Jason, your brother."

"Oh my gods," Thalia murmured and released her hold on me to embrace him. "They told me you were dead." While the two looked nothing alike, they had very similar personalities, so I could see how they were related. It was really rare though to have a set of blood related siblings that aren't twins both be the spawn of the same god. "That little scar on your lip...you tried eating a stapler when you were two."

Leo laughed. "Really?" 

Jason frowned. "Wait. Who told you I was dead?"

"We have to talk," Thalia insisted. "Lets sit." It was at that moment that Piper collapsed, possibly from the hypothermia she had gotten. "Satyr, take this girl to my friend at the entrance. She's an excellent healer." When Hedge left, the four of us remaining gathered closely around the fire. "So Jason, do you remember anything?"