The Physicians Cure

Y/n's POV

It had been three days since the giant storm had occurred, and everything was just a mess. We hadn't been able to fly, and we were too slow to outrun monsters, so that meant there were attacks at just about every hour. To make things even worse, it was already July 30th. In just two days, Gaea would awaken. After what felt like forever, we reached the island of Mykonos, and Percy and Annabeth went ashore to scout. And when they came back, they cheered us all up by giving everyone some gelato. Well, except for Frank. He was lactose intolerant, so he got an apple.

"So," Piper started. "The island of Delos is right across the harbor. Artemis and Apollo's home turf. Who's going?"

"I could go," I offer and take a bite of my orange flavored gelato. "I've got a good standing relationship with Apollo, so that could be an advantage. Plus, Artemis has always liked me because of the relationships I have with some of her hunters. She has asked me to join them a few too many times though, and I don't know how many times I can tell a goddess no."

"Actually, I was thinking Frank, Hazel, and I could go," Leo put forth. "I've got an idea I need to bounce off them, and Hazel and Frank have already agreed to back me up."

"Well, if Leo has an idea, we need to trust him. Sorry, Y/n," Jason apologized.

"No worries. That's fine. You guys have fun," I wish the three of them. When Leo, Frank, and Hazel left, all I could think about was how odd Leo had been acting. I mean, no one ever just volunteered to go on a side mission. And what was this idea he had? I walked over to Annabeth, who was in charge of watching over the ship while Leo was gone, to get her opinion. "Did Leo volunteering for that quest seem a little odd to you? And out of everyone he could have chosen to go with him, he picked Hazel and Frank. I know the three of them have gotten close, but I thought that he'd at least want either Piper, Jason, or I to come along."

"It didn't seem to odd to me," Annabeth responded. "Maybe he just wanted to get off the ship. He has been cooped up here the last few days getting the repairs done. You could also be a little jealous. I mean, he did choose to go with Hazel over you, and you're his girlfriend."

"I've never been a jealous person though," I argue. "But uh, perhaps you're right. Those are two reasonable explanations. Thanks, Annabeth." Once I had finished talking to Annabeth, I headed down below deck. I was gonna grab some food, but I ended up changing my mind and made my way to my cabin instead. A minute or two after I entered, Piper joined me.

"Hey," Piper greeted and stood at the entrance to my door. "Want some company?"

"From you? Always," I reply. Piper laughed and took the seat next to me at the edge of my bed. She then began to look around my room, a small smile growing on her face.

"I love your cabin. It's cozy. And I absolutely adore these pictures," Piper gushed and stared at the shelf to her left where all of my picture frames were sitting.

"Thanks. They used to be in my cabin back at Camp Half Blood, but I figured I'd bring them on board to have something to remind me of home," I tell her.

"I miss camp too," Piper agreed. "Obviously I haven't been there as long as you have, but the environment and the people there made it feel special. I just find it crazy that you've lived at Camp Half Blood for more than half of your life."

"All demigods are unique. It seems that none of us have the same story. That just so happens to be mine," I murmur and stare down at my hands. "Pipes, do you think we'll make it back to time to save the camp? It's all I've been able to think about these past few days, and I need another person's opinion."

"I think as long as we focus on one task at a time, we'll find a way to do everything we need to," Piper answered honestly. "I'd really hate to get back and find the one place that actually feels like home destroyed, so yes, I'm hoping we can save the camp in time."