Mind Control

Y/n's POV

"Cyclops!" Jason shouted and sat up, fully awake. "Detroit! Didn't we crash land?"

"It's okay," I reassure him. "We got away, but you had a nasty concussion. How are you feeling?"

"H-how did you- the cyclopes," Jason stammered.

"Leo and Y/n ripped them apart," Piper told him.

"Just Leo, actually," I correct her. "He saved all of our lives today." Just then, Festus dove through a break in the clouds, and a line of skyscrapers lined the shore. I knew them all too well, and I could probably point out each one and tell you the name of the building. "Welcome to Chicago," I announce. As we were looking at the city from above, a flash of movement caught our eyes. And for a moment, whatever the thing was, it changed shape for a split second.

"How about we follow that one!" Leo suggested and urged Festus to change directions. "Lets see where it goes." We followed the storm spirit to a park, and after climbing off of Festus, our dragon flew off to wait until we were ready. As soon as I took a step though, I winced in pain.

"Your ankle. The ambrosia we gave you might be wearing off," Jason mentioned.

"Lets get out of the wind," Leo proposed.

....................................

Jason had a weird sense about the wind, leading us to our current position, the water system beneath the fountain. It wasn't as dirty as I thought it'd be, and with the walkways on either side of the flowing channel, we could stay dry. Leo helped me off the last rung of the ladder, and I looked both ways down the tunnel.

"Which way do we go?" Leo asked.

Jason tilted his head south. "There's a draft blowing that way. Maybe the storm spirits went with the flow." Again though, as I started walking, I stumbled, and Leo caught me.

"Stupid ankle," I mumble.

"We should rest," Jason decided. "Leo can you pull any food out of that tool belt besides breath mints?"

"I thought you'd never ask. Chef Leo is on it," Leo confirmed. I sat near Leo, chatting with him while he set up a small fire and cooked some food. It was honestly amazing what he could pull out of his tool belt. In no time, the food was ready. "Bingo. All done."

"Wow. This is amazing," Piper commented.

"And don't worry, it's tofu, not beef Beauty Queen. So don't freak," Leo advised her as we all dug in. The tacos were great, better than I thought they'd be. I didn't know Leo could cook, so it was fun to learn a little more about what he could do. A bit after dinner, Piper fell asleep, her head resting in Jason's lap, while the rest of us sat in silence drinking lemonade that Leo had made.

"Leo, about this fire stuff you can do. Is it true" Jason quizzed.

"Yeah," Leo replied and lit a fire in his hand.

Jason frowned. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Y/n found out by herself," Leo shared. "But I guess I didn't want to look like a freak."

"Leo, I can control water, Jason can control lightning and wind, and Piper can turn beautiful and charm people into giving her whatever she wants," I remind him. "You aren't a freak. And you saved us all today. We all could've died if it wasn't for you."

"But none of you did. Besides, you're the real hero here, Y/n," Leo claimed. "I mean, you belong on this quest more than anybody. The three of us would be lost without you, your experience, and your knowledge."