Gathering Supplies

Y/n's POV

Frank, Annabeth, and Percy left pretty quickly, using Frank's powers to transport them. Up on the desk, I made sure I had everything I needed, which in all honesty was just my sword. But that's when I realized.

"Guys, how are three teenagers going to ride on one horse?" I ask.

"Arion might be able to carry three people," Hazel put forth. "But I'm not sure how that'll go."

"I don't want to risk it. I can call Skipper," I declare.

Hazel frowned. "Skipper?"

"My horse," I clarify. "Usually he stays at Camp Half Blood, but whenever I leave for quests and stuff, he makes sure to stay near by. I'm gonna need you to cover your ears though."

"Why?" Hazel questioned.

"Just do it," Leo insisted. "If you don't, your eardrums might burst."

My lips twitched slightly as I recalled where that had happened. One night, I suggested to Leo that we go for a ride, and instead of walking to the stables, I had called upon Skipper using a certain whistle Will taught me how to do. The bad thing was, I forgot to tell Leo to cover his ears, so he ended up bursting his eardrums. It sort of ruined our plans since I had to take him to the infirmary, but it was a funny memory nonetheless. Once both Hazel and Leo had their ears covered, I brought my fingers up to my lips and whistled loudly. The sharp noise pierced the air, and within a minute, Skipper landed on the deck.

"Hey Skip," I greet and rub his head affectionately.

"Hey," Skipper returned and walked over to Leo.

"Hey buddy," Leo said and rubbed his hand against Skipper's nose.

"Who's the girl?" Skipper neighed.

"Skipper this is Hazel. Hazel this is Skipper," I introduce.

"You can understand what he's saying?" Hazel implored.

I nodded. "Yep. Poseidon, along with being the god of the sea, is also the god of horses. So both Percy and I can communicate with them, plus basically every sea creature known to man."

"Wow," Hazel murmured in awe. "Is there anything you guys can't do?"

"As far as I know, neither of us inherited my fathers ability to create earthquakes," I share. "Which is a shame cause that's kind of cool. So I guess Leo and I could ride on Skipper, and you can ride on Arion."

"That'll work," Hazel agreed. The three of us then climbed onto the steeds, Leo wrapping his arms around my waist to keep himself steady. Hazel turned around to face us, a smile settling on her face. "You guys better keep up." Hazel and Arion then sped off, and when I tapped Skipper's side with my shoe, he spread his wings and soared into the air, flying just above the water below us.

"Everything okay between you and Percy?" Leo quizzed.

I shrugged. "I'm not to sure, actually. When you fired on Camp Jupiter, I took your side, and Percy brought up my last boyfriend, who we agreed to never bring up. Of course, an argument ensued, but I think things will be okay with time. We are siblings, after all. It's in our nature to fight over stupid stuff. And every time something like this happens, we're always okay in the end, so this time shouldn't be any different."

It wasn't long before we reached the small island. Hazel was waiting for us when we arrived, and I jumped off of Skipper, my feet sinking into the sand on the beach. After helping Leo down, he knelt down and felt the sand beneath out feet.

"Here we go. One ingredient down. This is lime," Leo stated and scooped some into a bag he had pulled out from his magical tool belt. "Now we just have to find celestial bronze."